Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:32 PM   #1

Thumbs up The last of the local parking lot

.....cruize-in cars for this year. Last night was really 'tacky' for light at 1800-1900 hrs but I did manage a few shots and snagged 4 new cars for this year's gallery.

Still, for these the P3 & FT 9-18. Recently I've been looking directly or near directly at either early or late day sun and the FT 9-18 on the P3 is handling that light better than I could have hoped for. The physical combination of the pair is super comfortable to handle too, it really is my favorite setup of the 'stuff' I have, l love it.

Here's a few from last night! If you want to see more click here ==> http://tinyurl.com/anlm66l

...this '49 Mercury is always there and this night was parked where I could shoot it, Lakes, shaved, frenched aerials & '59 caddy taillights, twin spots, lowered, skirts, full moons, Camels in the tray & a really nice guy named Bob driving it. This one is 'old school, today'.

__________'63 Pontiac Tempest, made a lot of noise coming in

....several Cobra cars were in, both authentic and kit built, I got some 'artsy' shots of this one.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:39 PM   #2

......wanted to include these and forgot

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:55 AM   #3

That Mercury is one massive-looking thing. The Pontiac looks like you could add wings and take off. The yellow Ford is classy. Wonderful lines. Easily my favorite, and that next-to-last shot with the sun in the background is my favorite shot. Shooting with a zoom, there should be tons of flare in that image. The 12-50 micro lens does not handle sun in the FOV well at all. Great lens performance.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:43 AM   #4

The mercs are big and the 2-doors just huge, this is a nicely done one.

For the 'sun' Ford shot I was curious what the result might be with the color of the car in the bright so for that (a once-in-a-while for me) shot I actually planned it and have to say it worked as I hoped for.

The FT 9-18 does these shots so well I look for comps to shoot, some of them work and I am learning angles and how much sun to let in. I am having fun with it.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:35 AM   #5

The pics sure look like you were having fun. Wonderful color and no washouts. Nice shots. That is one sweet lens. Another one for my hopechest.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:14 PM   #6

Really excellent series of photgraphs Bob. Composition, lighting and art work spot on.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Really excellent series of photgraphs Bob. Composition, lighting and art work spot on.
I agree.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:31 PM   #8

....appreciate the remarks fellows.

I do have a lot of fun shooting the 'Friday' night cars where everyone is there just to share and visit, it makes it a fun thing and there are some huge turnouts some nights of more than 125 cars........ always some new ones every week.

Thanks for looking........ Bob

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:01 PM   #9

Love the front end shots, especially the Merc. As much as I love Cobras, the merc shot is a nicer composition.
The Pontiac interior is a bit ghetto, with the duct tape on the transmission tunnel
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:03 PM   #10

KC......the Pontiac is a racer, it runs every week. Look at the link above, there is a Cobra in the list you might like.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com