Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:24 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
Yes, I think so too. Refurbished is not something I've done before...I just hope it doesn't have scratches. They do say mint or near mint condition...
I bought my E-PL1 from Cameta as a refurbished/factory demo, and it is just as new.... not a mark on it. Good luck with the E-PL2, i'm sure you will love it.
OscarTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:45 PM   #62

Quote:
I have made my decision...Thank God, say you all!

I'm going with this...
http://www.cameta.com/Olympus-Pen-E-...Demo-64008.cfm

I have contacted them for more info as to what Factory Demo means in terms of usage and warranty, but I don't expect a problem.

I did some extra reading last night, and the PL2 has the better grip as well as the other things that were discussed here.

I returned the Canon SX500 and case last night ....refund $372

This new purchase will cost me $339...taxes not calculated.

The accessories included may or may not be important, but a case alone here will cost me $30, so I can't go wrong!
I'm waffling between the silver and the red. I saw a red Nikon last night, and it looked sharp, but the colour may grow "old" fast...

Thanks again for all the help I have received. I know it required patience from all of you!
That's the same place I got mine, just wasn't sure if I was supposed to advertise.

Same exact package except without the tripod/bag and mine was black. I've been extremely happy with it. I think it's the good move considering it's just a few bucks more than the E-PL1. One thing to keep an eye out for is that some places sell the red for a lower price--it must not have sold very well.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:50 PM   #63

Olympus has been selling their refurbs through Camera for a long time now, and they are a great bargain. A long, long time ago, Olympus used to sell them through their own eBay store. That's how I bought my E300 DSLR refurb in 2006. It's hard going wrong. The prices have always been very good.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:05 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Olympus has been selling their refurbs through Camera for a long time now, and they are a great bargain. A long, long time ago, Olympus used to sell them through their own eBay store. That's how I bought my E300 DSLR refurb in 2006. It's hard going wrong. The prices have always been very good.

Just need to find the secret Panasonic refurb source now.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:13 PM   #65

Oooops! Maybe I wasn't supposed to post links?....I'm sorry....
SharonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:25 AM   #66

Just had a thought...it says nothing about a battery and charger. Could they be not included?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:31 AM   #67

It should be included. I have brought refurb. And it should have everything.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:51 AM   #68

Quote:
Just had a thought...it says nothing about a battery and charger. Could they be not included?
Not to worry, Sharon, the ad clearly shows (in the item description) that straps, charger, battery, manual, etc. is included in the kit.

Zig

And, congrats on getting a pretty darn good deal on a very good camera. If you take the time to understand it operation, it will serve you well for many years.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.

Last edited by zig-123; Nov 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:09 AM   #69

Thanks! I missed that...
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:04 AM   #70

Mine had all of the packaging and "extras" you'd get with a new except that the box was clearly marked as a refurbished (to avoid people not getting what they thought they were getting, I assume).