Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:05 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheCat View Post
Have you updated the firmware? My AF is noticeably faster after updating the firmware for both the cam & the lens.
Yes, I have and it made some improvement but not much. The biggest difference I noticed in AF was between the Zuiko and the Lumix kit lenses, with the EPL1 performing much faster with the Lumix lens.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:38 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Thats a real good buy with all those accessories that are included.
Accessories are usually a way for sellers to rip buyers off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
I have made my decision...Thank God, say you all!

I'm going with this...
http://www.cameta.com/Olympus-Pen-E-...Demo-64008.cfm

I have contacted them for more info as to what Factory Demo means in terms of usage and warranty, but I don't expect a problem.

I did some extra reading last night, and the PL2 has the better grip as well as the other things that were discussed here.

I returned the Canon SX500 and case last night ....refund $372

This new purchase will cost me $339...taxes not calculated.

The accessories included may or may not be important, but a case alone here will cost me $30, so I can't go wrong!
I'm waffling between the silver and the red. I saw a red Nikon last night, and it looked sharp, but the colour may grow "old" fast...

Thanks again for all the help I have received. I know it required patience from all of you!
I'm shocked that you passed on the blue one for $150 brand new. Send me the link to that store or the name of it at least!

For the record, refurbished items are typically brand new, but were returned for whatever reason. Your canon sx500 will be considered refurbished for whoever buys it next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheCat View Post
Have you updated the firmware? My AF is noticeably faster after updating the firmware for both the cam & the lens.
Doh! Who thinks to update the firmware for pete's sake! I had mine for 7 weeks before I sold it.
Krichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:19 PM   #73

I didn't pass on the new blue for $149...it was out of stock....look at the end of the post. Too bad, too! Oh well, Now I'm getting a PL2 in a colour that I like, so it's not all bad!

I normally don't buy accessories, as I do agree that it's generally "bait" for more money. However, a modest case would have cost me more here,(everything cost more in Canada!) than all the accessories at this site cost. So, obviously I opted for the kit, which includes the case...
SharonC is offline   Reply With Quote