Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
Just press zoom once...it remembers.

Haha, yeah, I seem to get it turned "off" somehow though.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:18 PM   #22

every time you turn off the camera, it turns off, you just have to push the zoom button to get it back.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:21 AM   #23

Sammy,

just to add to what shoturtle said, it is possible to "turn it off" it if you take a shot before bringing up the zoom (magnifying glass) button after powering up.

You'll find that by not actively controlling the focus box the camera will resort to it's own devices and may have not only moved the focus target away from where you last left it, but also re-sized the focus target box. Mostly this is just an annoyance that you have to learn to get used to, I believe there might be ways to set these up as presets, but I have yet to explore that functionality. For me it just means when I am shooting wildlife I first bring up the focus box and make sure it's centered and at 14x before shooting, actually I do this most every time even if not shooting wildlife. The one exception would be people, I find the Olympus face recognition does a pretty good job of correctly focusing so I let it do it's thing most of the time.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
Sammy,

just to add to what shoturtle said, it is possible to "turn it off" it if you take a shot before bringing up the zoom (magnifying glass) button after powering up.

You'll find that by not actively controlling the focus box the camera will resort to it's own devices and may have not only moved the focus target away from where you last left it, but also re-sized the focus target box. Mostly this is just an annoyance that you have to learn to get used to, I believe there might be ways to set these up as presets, but I have yet to explore that functionality. For me it just means when I am shooting wildlife I first bring up the focus box and make sure it's centered and at 14x before shooting, actually I do this most every time even if not shooting wildlife. The one exception would be people, I find the Olympus face recognition does a pretty good job of correctly focusing so I let it do it's thing most of the time.
I've only recently started to try the face recognition feature (I'm working backwards, I know), and I agree--it works better than I thought it would.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote