Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:42 PM   #11

Probably a little bit of both .

A couple from the Chihuly night show last night (Wednesday)..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:14 AM   #12

Hi Greg,

Great examples of the EM-5 sensor's capabilities in handling noise at low light.

The 25mm f1.4, used in the last image, is also quite impressive.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Greg,

Great examples of the EM-5 sensor's capabilities in handling noise at low light.

The 25mm f1.4, used in the last image, is also quite impressive.

Zig
Zig, how did you know it was a 25mm, f1.4 lens. I clicked on the pick and went to Smug Mug and clicked show details and nothing was there.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Zig, how did you know it was a 25mm, f1.4 lens. I clicked on the pick and went to Smug Mug and clicked show details and nothing was there.
It's in the EXIF data, I use chrome as a browser and have an EXIF plugin that allows me to view the data just by right clicking it here in the thread, not sure if there is an internet explorer equivalent.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Probably a little bit of both .

A couple from the Chihuly night show last night (Wednesday)..

How long's he going to have a show in your neck of the woods? He came to Pittsburgh a while ago, but his displays are long since gone. Seems like you've been shooting his stuff for a long time (not that I'm complaining, it's neat).
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
If you place your curser over the larger image on the right on the smugmug page, a box will pop up giving you the options to view the image larger, and there's a blue box with an "I" in the middle. If you click on that box, the EXIF data will/should open.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
How long's he going to have a show in your neck of the woods? He came to Pittsburgh a while ago, but his displays are long since gone. Seems like you've been shooting his stuff for a long time (not that I'm complaining, it's neat).
It has been here....semingly FOREVER....

It opened some time in the Spring. April or May I think. It was supposed to close November 5, but they extended it to the end of the year, so I guess it did not have somewhere to go emmediately.

I love going to the Arboretum to shoot and, to be honest, cannot wait for it to leave so the crowds get back to normal.

My membership gets me in for free during the day, so anytime I go I'll always see if I see something different. Having gone so much I've also been able to shoot it under all types of light from blue skies to rainy days where I was just about the only one there so that's been kinda neat too, but now that I've done the one thing I had not (seen it lit up at night) it is definitely time for it to move on.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
If you place your curser over the larger image on the right on the smugmug page, a box will pop up giving you the options to view the image larger, and there's a blue box with an "I" in the middle. If you click on that box, the EXIF data will/should open.
Thanks Greg.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:02 PM   #19

btw greg the shots are excellent, I really like the first and the last, the light and as you say the lack of noise at high iso is really amazing.