Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:15 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
James Emory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
If a picture is worth 1,000 words, these images are priceless in telling the capabilities of the EM5.

The most impressive images I've seen yet, taken by the EM5.


Thank you for sharing
Yes, me thinking about the PL5. Same sensor and processing I believe. Now that my cataract has been taken care of I can see very good now, even drive and watch TV without glasses. I will now be able to see how clear the VF2 is although I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
__________________
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:23 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

excellent capture.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:23 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Yes, me thinking about the PL5. Same sensor and processing I believe. Now that my cataract has been taken care of I can see very good now, even drive and watch TV without glasses. I will now be able to see how clear the VF2 is although I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Yes, it sounds like the E-PL5 might even be capable of more resolution than the E-M5 since (from what I've read) they've completely done away with the AA filter.

I remember when my mom and dad both had the cataract procedure and how much better everything looked afterwards. Congratulations.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:13 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
James Emory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Yes, it sounds like the E-PL5 might even be capable of more resolution than the E-M5 since (from what I've read) they've completely done away with the AA filter.

I remember when my mom and dad both had the cataract procedure and how much better everything looked afterwards. Congratulations.
OH yes, colors and contrast are excellent and I can now use the VF2 that I've had for almost a year and never used. I thought there was something wrong with it but it was my right eye. Very simple procedure from my point of view. Absolutely no pain and as relaxed as a drunken sailor. I don't think the surgeon spent 5 minutes doing the procedure.
__________________
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:20 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,566
Default

....surely glad that worked out for you James.

Mine was both eyes, too bad for me I have developed double-vision and could not opt for the higher level lenses replacement but I can see clearly and glasses correct the double vision so I've been happy now for the past year.
__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:31 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
James Emory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....surely glad that worked out for you James.

Mine was both eyes, too bad for me I have developed double-vision and could not opt for the higher level lenses replacement but I can see clearly and glasses correct the double vision so I've been happy now for the past year.
Thanks Bob. Although my left eye isn't nearly as bad as my right eye was, I am going to have that cataract taken care of late next January. The worse part about the whole process is having to put three different types of drops in the eye three times a day for one week, then twice a day for three more weeks. A small nuisance considering the vision improvement.
__________________
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:09 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
MacBook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 565
Default

Agreed that these are simply magical!
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:30 PM.