Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:06 AM   #1

Default Night Lights

From Tuesday night in downtown Dallas, with the E-M5 and the 12/25/75 primes.

In one of the windows at Neiman Marcus..

Tubes for the kids to run through, but this set runs through the display windows at Neiman Marcus and comes out over the sidewalk in the front of the store..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:13 AM   #2

.....my-oh-my, aren't you happy to have the 75mm tacked onto the E-M5.

I am going to say that for these type images I have never seen any as clean & sharp.

There is a whole lot of WOW factor to these Greg and as we always do........... the last is my favorite of the set.
______

PS.... 'twas good you were there early, before stuff started tumbling down in the wind!
and you should see these on my 27 iMAC, would help you decide (lol)

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Dec 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:37 AM   #3

WOW factor is correct for sure but it's not only those great lenses, it's also the man pushing the button behind the lens. Great shots Greg. I could have a Canon EOS 5 MKIII with a red "L" lens and I couldn't duplicate that with my meager skills. I'm always hesitant to post a shot I took. Comparing my shots to those folks like Greg, Bob, and Zig would be like comparing finger painting to a Monet. :-)
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:15 AM   #4

Those are great shots.

James, you should not feel that way. IMO, it is more valuable to post your best efforts and get some good feedback than not to share your work with all of us here. What I like about this forum is that people are friendly and always have something good/positive to say.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:49 PM   #5

Oh, I'm sort of joking. I do like this forum and some of the photos I've seen just make me want to learn more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Those are great shots.

James, you should not feel that way. IMO, it is more valuable to post your best efforts and get some good feedback than not to share your work with all of us here. What I like about this forum is that people are friendly and always have something good/positive to say.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Those are great shots.

But hopefully not too positive . . . I'd like to know when something's terrible.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Oh, I'm sort of joking. I do like this forum and some of the photos I've seen just make me want to learn more.
Do the "Photos of the Day" make you feel inadequate too? I thought it was just me . . .
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:47 AM   #8

I feel the same way Sammy and that's probably why I don't post too many pics. I can readily see where the problems or deficiencies are so I don't post the pic. It's pretty crappy weather here in Michigan and not too many photogenic scenes to shoot unless you want pictures of ice and snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
But hopefully not too positive . . . I'd like to know when something's terrible.