Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:58 PM   #11

The 24/7 prayer vigil at our temple is praying for you folks.

Good on ya for taking care of the birds - sounds like many of them might not make it.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:31 PM   #12

.....It is good to hear y'all are prepared. Today the temperature here was officially 80F at DFW airport, no snow in our forecast.

Hoping the best outcome for everyone in the way of the weather....................

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:16 PM   #13

Good luck to all you guys up north. We will hoping the best for everyone.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
..... temperature here was officially 80F at DFW airport, no snow in our forecast.....................
Oh, so you're to blame! Forecasters here are calling this a Texas Low. So far around here the snow has almost stopped with about a cm or two. But it feels warm and looks like we might be in for some freezing rain -- oh joy.

Thankfully our bird population is a tad laid back in comparisons to the New Hampshire flocks... Nice shots RA
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:07 PM   #15

Hi Ted/Greg/Bob/Steven, & all.

I have two funny observations to tell you about;

The old timer's stories that I used to hear when I was growing up
seem to have some validity to them after all.

The last 3 to 4 Winters we've had here have been mild and mostly little snow fall. This past fall, I told my wife that I hadn't seen a crop of acorns this thick in a very long time. I joked with her that it meant we're were in for a long cold snowy winter. She just looked at me with that look that only a guy whose been married a long time has seen and understands. I just continued to rake the acorns

The other thing funny thing is, while I've spent the better part of the day
getting ready to hunker down for a long storm, both my kids and their respective families are driving to SugerBush Ski Resort in Vermont so that they can get in a weekend of fresh powder.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
The 24/7 prayer vigil at our temple is praying for you folks.

Good on ya for taking care of the birds - sounds like many of them might not make it.

Ted
Ted thanks for the good wishes, we'll be alright, the birds should be fine too - they're all year round residents. They'll just hunker down in their nests inside the hemlocks or in the holes in the trees created by the woodpeckers. As long as they're something to eat when it breaks they'll make it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Oh, so you're to blame! Forecasters here are calling this a Texas Low. So far around here the snow has almost stopped with about a cm or two. But it feels warm and looks like we might be in for some freezing rain -- oh joy.

Thankfully our bird population is a tad laid back in comparisons to the New Hampshire flocks... Nice shots RA
thanks Kula those are my two "whatcha looking at?!?" bird shots. Freezing rain is the worst, I'd take snow over that any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Ted/Greg/Bob/Steven, & all.

I have two funny observations to tell you about;

The old timer's stories that I used to hear when I was growing up
seem to have some validity to them after all.

The last 3 to 4 Winters we've had here have been mild and mostly little snow fall. This past fall, I told my wife that I hadn't seen a crop of acorns this thick in a very long time. I joked with her that it meant we're were in for a long cold snowy winter. She just looked at me with that look that only a guy whose been married a long time has seen and understands. I just continued to rake the acorns

The other thing funny thing is, while I've spent the better part of the day
getting ready to hunker down for a long storm, both my kids and their respective families are driving to SugerBush Ski Resort in Vermont so that they can get in a weekend of fresh powder.

Zig
Yes I remember those same old timer stories about the woolly Caterpillars and other clues to the upcoming winter. I am admittedly a bit jealous of your kids and their respective families, I gotta keep the home fire burning through at least Sunday morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....It is good to hear y'all are prepared. Today the temperature here was officially 80F at DFW airport, no snow in our forecast.

Hoping the best outcome for everyone in the way of the weather....................
this picture alone should hopefully send a shiver of cold down your back, that's me on top of wildcat mt with mt washington in the background, sorry for the camera phone quality.
Attached Images

Last edited by ramcewan; Feb 8, 2013 at 8:25 AM.
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:45 AM   #17

That is quite the scene behind you.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:20 AM   #18

Quote:
That is quite the scene behind you.
Yeah, and quite the downhill behind you too. Looks fun, I might have liked attempting snowboarding a 'FEW' years ago, my grandsons really enjoy doing it.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:49 AM   #19

Ugh, good luck. I still get twitchy thinking about "Snowmageddon" and that was like three years ago.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:13 AM   #20

Default Get Nemo text alerts

National Grid will send you folks text message alerts if you wish:

"Text messages Customers can receive text message alerts and updates through a free service the company offers. Text the word STORM to NGRID (64743) to sign up for the service."

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote