Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:58 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
tkurkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,625
Default

The 24/7 prayer vigil at our temple is praying for you folks.

Good on ya for taking care of the birds - sounds like many of them might not make it.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:31 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,566
Default

.....It is good to hear y'all are prepared. Today the temperature here was officially 80F at DFW airport, no snow in our forecast.

Hoping the best outcome for everyone in the way of the weather....................
__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,910
Default

Good luck to all you guys up north. We will hoping the best for everyone.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:25 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: oakville, on
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
..... temperature here was officially 80F at DFW airport, no snow in our forecast.....................
Oh, so you're to blame! Forecasters here are calling this a Texas Low. So far around here the snow has almost stopped with about a cm or two. But it feels warm and looks like we might be in for some freezing rain -- oh joy.

Thankfully our bird population is a tad laid back in comparisons to the New Hampshire flocks... Nice shots RA
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:07 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,156
Default

Hi Ted/Greg/Bob/Steven, & all.

I have two funny observations to tell you about;

The old timer's stories that I used to hear when I was growing up
seem to have some validity to them after all.

The last 3 to 4 Winters we've had here have been mild and mostly little snow fall. This past fall, I told my wife that I hadn't seen a crop of acorns this thick in a very long time. I joked with her that it meant we're were in for a long cold snowy winter. She just looked at me with that look that only a guy whose been married a long time has seen and understands. I just continued to rake the acorns

The other thing funny thing is, while I've spent the better part of the day
getting ready to hunker down for a long storm, both my kids and their respective families are driving to SugerBush Ski Resort in Vermont so that they can get in a weekend of fresh powder.


Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:21 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 2,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
The 24/7 prayer vigil at our temple is praying for you folks.

Good on ya for taking care of the birds - sounds like many of them might not make it.

Ted
Ted thanks for the good wishes, we'll be alright, the birds should be fine too - they're all year round residents. They'll just hunker down in their nests inside the hemlocks or in the holes in the trees created by the woodpeckers. As long as they're something to eat when it breaks they'll make it out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Oh, so you're to blame! Forecasters here are calling this a Texas Low. So far around here the snow has almost stopped with about a cm or two. But it feels warm and looks like we might be in for some freezing rain -- oh joy.

Thankfully our bird population is a tad laid back in comparisons to the New Hampshire flocks... Nice shots RA
thanks Kula those are my two "whatcha looking at?!?" bird shots. Freezing rain is the worst, I'd take snow over that any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Ted/Greg/Bob/Steven, & all.

I have two funny observations to tell you about;

The old timer's stories that I used to hear when I was growing up
seem to have some validity to them after all.

The last 3 to 4 Winters we've had here have been mild and mostly little snow fall. This past fall, I told my wife that I hadn't seen a crop of acorns this thick in a very long time. I joked with her that it meant we're were in for a long cold snowy winter. She just looked at me with that look that only a guy whose been married a long time has seen and understands. I just continued to rake the acorns

The other thing funny thing is, while I've spent the better part of the day
getting ready to hunker down for a long storm, both my kids and their respective families are driving to SugerBush Ski Resort in Vermont so that they can get in a weekend of fresh powder.


Zig
Yes I remember those same old timer stories about the woolly Caterpillars and other clues to the upcoming winter. I am admittedly a bit jealous of your kids and their respective families, I gotta keep the home fire burning through at least Sunday morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....It is good to hear y'all are prepared. Today the temperature here was officially 80F at DFW airport, no snow in our forecast.

Hoping the best outcome for everyone in the way of the weather....................
this picture alone should hopefully send a shiver of cold down your back, that's me on top of wildcat mt with mt washington in the background, sorry for the camera phone quality.
Attached Images
 
__________________
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32

Last edited by ramcewan; Feb 8, 2013 at 8:25 AM.
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:45 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,156
Default

That is quite the scene behind you.

Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:20 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,566
Default

Quote:
That is quite the scene behind you.
Yeah, and quite the downhill behind you too. Looks fun, I might have liked attempting snowboarding a 'FEW' years ago, my grandsons really enjoy doing it.
__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:49 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Beaver, PA
Posts: 903
Default

Ugh, good luck. I still get twitchy thinking about "Snowmageddon" and that was like three years ago.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:13 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
tkurkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,625
Default Get Nemo text alerts

National Grid will send you folks text message alerts if you wish:

"Text messages Customers can receive text message alerts and updates through a free service the company offers. Text the word STORM to NGRID (64743) to sign up for the service."

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:24 AM.