Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:35 PM   #21

All excellent images. I'm glad I'm not in the position to buy either as I just lost my job otherwise i'd have a very hard time deciding between the two. I personally like the idea of have the macro capability of the 60mm. I could dispose of all those old MF macro lenses I have.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:15 AM   #22

Hi Greg,

Great proof statement for both the 60mm and the 75mm. The rest of your gallery on smugmug.com is equally impressive.

By the way, I guess I forgot you shoot in manual mode. Other than me, I know of no one in my group of friends that does that anymore these days.

Safe travels to NJ
Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:13 AM   #23

Tullio, sorry to hear you lost your job. Good luck to you in finding another.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:34 PM   #24

Yes, Tullio. Good luck with the search. That's the kind of news no one likes to hear.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Greg,

Great proof statement for both the 60mm and the 75mm. The rest of your gallery on smugmug.com is equally impressive.

By the way, I guess I forgot you shoot in manual mode. Other than me, I know of no one in my group of friends that does that anymore these days.

Safe travels to NJ
Zig
Yes, I find myself so often dialing in exposure compensation it just makes sense to do it all myself. There are times, especially using the 75-300mm, where I'll go to shutter speed priority, but if I'm not in a hurry, it's all manual.

One of the first joys I discovered with the E-M5 was, for the first time with an Olympus Micro body, being able to overlay the screen with both the live histogram and the grid lines at the same time. With the prior Pens, it was one or the other, but not both at the same time.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
...One of the first joys I discovered with the E-M5 was, for the first time with an Olympus Micro body, being able to overlay the screen with both the live histogram and the grid lines at the same time. With the prior Pens, it was one or the other, but not both at the same time.
Oh, that must be heavenly. The grid is far too cluttered, to have just the histogram plus the grid -- aaah
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:21 PM   #27

Thanks, James and Greg for your thoughtfulness. Finding a new job won't be an easy task. I work with mainframes and jobs in my field here in the SF Bay Are are pretty scarce. So, we'll see.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote