Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:10 PM   #11

Like the Pan Am photo. Back in those days you had plenty of leg room and nice wide seats. Now you are packed like sardines.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:27 PM   #12

Yep! I paid a $25 extra fee to get both a row closer to the front of the plane and with a wider space, both going and coming home. I hate having to do it, but if they are available I get them. After a 3-4 hour plane ride sitting in the regular isles, $25 feels like a bargain, even if it is not.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:40 PM   #13

Yeah it's crazy, all the seats are in second class but some cost more than others. They try to squeeze every penny they can out of you. When I traveled often and quite a few years ago, drinks were free and so was the meal. Now you have to buy a box lunch on the plane if you want to eat. Best to make sure each piece of luggage does not weigh over 50 lbs or they will get you for that too. I hate flying now days.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:07 PM   #14

Yes, and it's just gonna get worse after April 1 when all the TSA and tower people start being scheduled off one day a week due to the spending cuts. There's no telling what running the security gauntlet is going to be like after 4/1.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:21 PM   #15

Was in Boston/NYC this week. Didn't have a change to take many photos, but thought this one came out ok.

drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:57 PM   #16

It certainly did! Is that over near Harvard? Looks like a bridge I drove over last August when I was returning my rent car.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:05 PM   #17

Its the bridge that crosses over to MIT, so not too far off. Did you rent from an Enterprise in Cambridge? This is actually right after I dropped my car off from there, and then walked the 3 or so miles to South Station to catch a bus out of town. I didn't have too much time so I didn't take too many photos, and the lighting was average.

I bussed it to NYC, but didn't grab any photos the one day I was there.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:32 PM   #18

Hertz. I forget the name of the hotel, but yes, it was in Cambridge.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
It certainly did! Is that over near Harvard? Looks like a bridge I drove over last August when I was returning my rent car.
That's the Harvard University or as some people call it, the Mass Ave Bridge take your pick as both names apply.

By the way Drew, That's a nice photo with a subtle HDR treatment.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.

Last edited by zig-123; Mar 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:06 AM   #20

Thanks Zig. I just went into iPhoto and pulled up the shadows a bit, heightened contrast, but otherwise didn't do much. There is an adjustment that says definition, which I put up 10 percent, so maybe that gave it the hdr look.