Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:12 AM   #1

Default Enjoying The Late Afternoon Sun

Captured at 150mm with the 14-150mm M. Zuiko and E-M5..

New blooms in the backlight of the late afternoon sun, at 9mm with the 9-18 M. Zuiko..

The 14-150 superzoom does make framing/capturing moments like this much easier..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:12 AM   #2

....great! The 14-150 seems to be a winner for you. I've always liked what people, who have the lens, have said about it.

I did get out for about an hour yesterday with the 35mm and 70-300 (with the ex-25), there are little things starting to appear........ was fun to get out for a while.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:20 AM   #3

the 14-150 is a really slick lens to use. It's tiny for the range covered and the zoom action is buttery smooth, just like the "feel" of the four-thirds 70-300 lens.

I re-opened that first image after posting this last night and removed the trash can in Photoshop using the magnetic lasso to select it and Content Aware Fill to make it go away. That was so freakin' easy. Using the lasso tool with the Wacom tablet and pen is SO much easier than trying to control it with a mouse.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:46 PM   #4

I still think of the tablet every once in a while but don't seem to get beyond the 'thinking part' and it has been that way for 20+ yrs, so I reckon I won't get a 'round toit'

Now, with the 43Rumor for no replacement to the EM-5 I am beginning to lean to a refurb EM-5. Cameta is showing with 12-50 at $1050, about $50 less than new with $100 Oly discount. I haven't seen a refurb body only.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:40 AM   #5

That's a rumor I have not yet seen. Probably means no replacement this year (?), but you've got to think something will come on down the line at some point. The E-M5 is easily good enough to be in the line as long as the E-5 has been.

BTW, here's the above image without the trash can using the Content Aware Fill function in Photoshop. Just selected it, clicked go, and it was gone..

Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:26 AM   #6

....I think the 43Rumor is that the EM-5 will not be replaced anytime soon, someday it will but I was hoping by late spring so I am getting 'antsy'.

The edit looks quite good given where and how the 'can' was fitted in the image. Had I not know it was originally there the image is busy enough that the edit would never be recognized.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:33 AM   #7

I thought I heard the Fall, but who knows? Maybe I'll just look at an e-pl5 (eventually). I'd rather an em5 but that's a hefty price difference.

Last edited by SammyKhalifa; Mar 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote