Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 25, 2013, 9:25 PM   #1

Default Best of the White Sands Bunch So Far

Have 57 of the first images loaded, all taken with the E-M5 and either the 12-50, 9-18 or 75-300 M. Zuikos. Clicking on any of these will take you to the page, which I will be adding to over the next few days.

Also did some hiking in the Lincoln National Forest, around 8,000 feet above Alamogordo in the Sacramento Mountain Range..

The second evening I was there shooting the sundown, the wind was blowing and kicking up sand, as you can see here..

It all ended up pretty enough though..

The 12-50 flares like no one's business with any sidelight. I tried using my hand to assist as best I could, but I still sometimes missed one or two spots like in this next image, which I like anyway. It would help if Olympus would design a hood specifically for it instead of just telling everyone to use the same darn hood used on the 9-18 superwide. Kinda makes it more than a little useless on the 12-50.

The End..

Last edited by Greg Chappell; May 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2013, 9:31 PM   #2

Oh, and there were other people there, which I tried avoiding since they did to the dunes what these guys were in the process of doing, but I thought it was a fun picture to take..

Old May 25, 2013, 9:55 PM   #3

.......pretty views right there, the shadow lines are amazing. I will keep up with the gallery too, really like seeing how well the EM-5 worked for you.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 7:39 AM   #4

Really nice shots Greg. Looks like Sidewinder tracks in the second pic.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:15 AM   #5

It's fun just checking out all the tracks made by the various creatures during the night when it is quite active out there. I see numerous holes where they obviously go during the day and steer clear of them, not knowing what may be there or how close to the opening they are
Old May 26, 2013, 10:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.......pretty views right there, the shadow lines are amazing. I will keep up with the gallery too, really like seeing how well the EM-5 worked for you.
I also processed several in DxO and loaded them to my DxO page. The camera/lens modules make processing simple since they have already done much of the work. Adjusting the smart lighting, contrast and cropping as necessary, that's about all I was doing.
Old May 26, 2013, 4:48 PM   #7

Are you using DxO Optics Pro Greg?
Old May 26, 2013, 5:14 PM   #8

The ones posted here were processes in Adobe Camera raw, but I am using DxO right now too, side by side. Trying to determine if DxO is something I would eventually want to go to permanently.
Old May 26, 2013, 5:15 PM   #9

On the DxO site they show three choices. Which one are you playing with?
Old May 26, 2013, 7:03 PM   #10

DxO Pro Optics 8 Standard. The Elite version is for other body/lens combinations.