Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1

Default Favorites from Disneyworld last year

Went to Disneyworld last year, but the switch over from Picasa and trying to figure out a new work flow kept me from posting much. I think I got things worked out, and I also wanted to see how images were embedded in posts.

I was looking over some past shots and here are a few that I liked from that trip to Disneyworld.

This one is one of my favorites. Meerkats are pretty photogenic and this one seems to have a sort of wistful look about him.

Got to Animal Kingdom early in the morning. One thing about Disney, they do pay attention to detail and try their best to be immersive in the illusion.

This is looking from the other direction. The tower is the one at the far right of the picture above.

Bird almost in flight I think Animal Kingdom was my favorite for taking pictures.

Animal Kingdom had the animals, but the flowers were everywhere.

To keep from inundating the thread, you can take a look at the full album here (there's not that many total): Disney Flora and Fauna

Everything was taken with the EPL-1 and the kit 14-42 or the Panasonic 45-200.

Thanks for taking a look.
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:44 AM   #2

Thumbs up

Excellent shots. You captured a nice flavor of the parks. Well done.

(I visit them at least monthly as I have annual passes. I've lost track of the number of photographs taken. The parks are always full of photographic opportunities and are a delight to walk around with a camera there. )
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the kind words, Steven! I had a hard time balancing wanting to take pictures and just stepping back and enjoying the moment. It was the first time at Disneyworld for me and the kids (my wife had been when she was a kid), and I wanted to do both.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:36 PM   #4

I meant to tell you that I really think shot #2 is special. The morning fog in the background, and with the Great Egret sitting on the rock provides a very serene scene. I know the spot, and have not been able to achieve that look. You must have been there very early, as when I am at that location there are a ton of people around.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I meant to tell you that I really think shot #2 is special. The morning fog in the background, and with the Great Egret sitting on the rock provides a very serene scene. I know the spot, and have not been able to achieve that look. You must have been there very early, as when I am at that location there are a ton of people around.
Thank you so much for that. I wish I was better at post processing, though. I've seen some the magic you guys do.

Let me tell you about early. When you have three kids clamoring at 5:00am you end up early We still managed to shut most of the parks down, then did it again the next day. We were exhausted. We went there in February, so that probably helped with the crowds too. For some reason, our school district has almost a week off every February, so Disney ends up being a popular destination.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:07 PM   #6

You shots look well processed and fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Stranger View Post
Thank you so much for that. I wish I was better at post processing, though. I've seen some the magic you guys do.

Let me tell you about early. When you have three kids clamoring at 5:00am you end up early We still managed to shut most of the parks down, then did it again the next day. We were exhausted. We went there in February, so that probably helped with the crowds too. For some reason, our school district has almost a week off every February, so Disney ends up being a popular destination.
LOL, that brings back memories of years ago when I lived out of state and my 3 boys were young. We would come down to Disney on vacation time, and spend from early morning to late night. Makes me tired to just remember those days.

Now I make use of the Florida resident annual passes which allows unlimited admission for one year to all four Disney parks. So when my wife and I drive over, we are selective about where we are going and how long to stay. It is much easier than trying to spend all day covering a whole park.