Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:59 PM   #11

Hey hey, the KulaCube is the distinctive grey one, somewhere towards the back. The Nissan rep showed up in the GTR. Guess that says what Nissan Canada thinks about the cube.
James, there are so many who agree with you -- yes very different, almost to the point of as you say ugly. But in all honesty, in the current car market my money is on the ford/lincoln brand for some stunningly ugly cars -- the MKT comes to mind. Once one gets past the beautiful Ferrari, Porsche and some of the Mercs, well the car market is rather bland to my eye. So when someone comes along with a car that disavows "beauty" and instead trumpets function, well I'm on board.
Guess that's why Olympus cameras attracted me...
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Hey hey, the KulaCube is the distinctive grey one, somewhere towards the back. The Nissan rep showed up in the GTR. Guess that says what Nissan Canada thinks about the cube.
James, there are so many who agree with you -- yes very different, almost to the point of as you say ugly. But in all honesty, in the current car market my money is on the ford/lincoln brand for some stunningly ugly cars -- the MKT comes to mind. Once one gets past the beautiful Ferrari, Porsche and some of the Mercs, well the car market is rather bland to my eye. So when someone comes along with a car that disavows "beauty" and instead trumpets function, well I'm on board.
Guess that's why Olympus cameras attracted me...
You are correct about bland cars. GM for example, very little changes every year so when some one trades in their 2010 Envoy for a new 2013, there is not a real feeling of a new car, they look very similar inside and out. Not like in the 60's when you were excited to see the new models because you knew they would be radically different.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
You are correct about bland cars. GM for example, very little changes every year so when some one trades in their 2010 Envoy for a new 2013, there is not a real feeling of a new car, they look very similar inside and out. Not like in the 60's when you were excited to see the new models because you knew they would be radically different.
Actually I think this has improved a bit. I think of the 80s and early 90s when every car looked like a box. Even the 80s Mustang looked more like a K-car (some with a 4 cylinder!) than an actual Mustang.

When I was a kid it seemed like if a car wasn't a minivan then it was indistinguishable from a Dodge Diplomat.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:08 PM   #14

Don't EVEN talk about the 80's Ford Mustangs. I had one of those clunkers (an '86). When I moved from Wichita Falls to Dallas I had to wind up getting rid of it because it kept overheating on the freeways when I would commute to and from work, and you're right....it did not look like a Mustang.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Aug 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:23 PM   #15

A friend of mine's husband had an "old" Mustang that for a long time I thought was an old Chevy Cavalier.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:33 PM   #16

Yep, that's bad....

Nor a particularly bright time in the history of US auto makers.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:50 PM   #17

......hmmmmmmmm

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:34 AM   #18

I like the looks of the Chrysler 300, an elegant looking set of wheels.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:09 PM   #19

Quote:
I like the looks of the Chrysler 300, an elegant looking set of wheels.
Thanks James, I love my 300 C, 5.7L HEMI.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote