Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Marcelo,

..........wonderful images, I agree with Steven. All are fun to see and each takes a while to see all the aspects of the photo, I really enjoy seeing them.

I will make a decision soon whether to get the E-M1 with the 12-50 or wait and see how my 14-54 will work with the M1.

Thanks, Bob
Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for the kind words, it was nice to come back to that part of the city after a few years.

The new E-M1 looks so promising and it is a great solution for all the 4/3 users that are waiting for a replacement to the E3 or E5.

I love my OM-D and I think for sure you won't be disappointed of the new E-M1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Simply beautiful.
'

Thank you so much James, I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
VERY nice shots Marcelo

Thank you for sharing
Thank you Fred, I really appreciate it.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:50 PM   #12

Awesome colors here. What are you processing with?
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:08 AM   #13

MarceloLI,

great series of shots, makes me miss the city gotta get down there soon, the new towers have really come along since I was last there two 2011/2012 NYE. I like your composition on shot number 1.

When I was last there I took this shot with a camera phone of a pretty cool spot where the sun reflects off the tower. Wish I could tell you were this was but I can't.

freedom tower lighting a side street by ramcewan, on Flickr

Like others I really like 4 but I also think number 5 is really nice too with the light trails from the cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
I know people don't like the 12-50 in general but it's the waterproof option right now (from what I can tell) if you're not going to shell out a grand for those panasonic zooms.
Well the 12-40mm is weather sealed and looks to be better than the Panasonic zoom, so if you had that grand to drop it might be the one. Other option is to get a MMF-3 adapter which is weather sealed and put any of a number of four thirds lenses.
That's my likely plan for the next camera, either an EM-5 or it's successor and then swap my Panasonic DMW-MA1 for an MMF-3 and mount the 14-54mm MK II.... will it be as compact as say the 12-40mm? no but it will be weather sealed and provide a good fast zoom for less than half the 12-40 or 12-35.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew881 View Post
Awesome colors here. What are you processing with?
Shoot in Raw and processed with PS CS 5, I always increase a little the saturation, clarity and vibrancy of colors in raw and then a very light processing in Topaz Adjust to sharp the pictures.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Marcelo
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
MarceloLI,

great series of shots, makes me miss the city gotta get down there soon, the new towers have really come along since I was last there two 2011/2012 NYE. I like your composition on shot number 1.

When I was last there I took this shot with a camera phone of a pretty cool spot where the sun reflects off the tower. Wish I could tell you were this was but I can't.

Like others I really like 4 but I also think number 5 is really nice too with the light trails from the cars.

Well the 12-40mm is weather sealed and looks to be better than the Panasonic zoom, so if you had that grand to drop it might be the one. Other option is to get a MMF-3 adapter which is weather sealed and put any of a number of four thirds lenses.
That's my likely plan for the next camera, either an EM-5 or it's successor and then swap my Panasonic DMW-MA1 for an MMF-3 and mount the 14-54mm MK II.... will it be as compact as say the 12-40mm? no but it will be weather sealed and provide a good fast zoom for less than half the 12-40 or 12-35.

Thank you ramcewan, I'm glad you like it.

The picture you posted was shot on John St.

The new E-M1 looks really god specially for the fact you can use the 4/3 lens and achieve fast focus.

Regards.

Marcelo