Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:20 PM   #21

Adobe just made life easier, adding specific profiles for virtually all Olympus cameras in Adobe Camera raw, whether you use Photoshop or Lightroom. Muted, Natural, Portrait, and Vivid. Just tried a few with my E-M5 raw files and they look very nice.

Bob, they have 5 in-stock at AC. After Saturday I'll have one too.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Adobe just made life easier, adding specific profiles for virtually all Olympus cameras in Adobe Camera raw, whether you use Photoshop or Lightroom. Muted, Natural, Portrait, and Vivid. Just tried a few with my E-M5 raw files and they look very nice.

It's great news. Haven't had a chance to try them yet, but it's about time. I always thought some of those profiles were a bit over the top but they might be a good starting point.

I wonder why it took so long for this. It's not like my E-PL2 is cutting edge.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:40 AM   #23

The Huelight profiles are a more conservative set. The "Muted" Adobe profile for the E-M5 is a nice, conservative option that starts with a better dynamic range. The Natural setting brightens things up at a cost of slightly less starting dynamic range, but one can always tone it down with the highlights and light sliders and using the shadows slider to open areas of shade up more.

Thankfully, the profiles don't come with the aggressive sharpening and noise filtering you get with the in-camera jpeg's. I'll probably wind up using the Adobe-provided presets quite a bit. At least we do now have them.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Awwwww, wonderful, Merry Christmas! Tell Gil I said 'Hi'.

I've decided to buy LR5! Since RA's thread here I downloaded the pre 5.3 trial and had a go at it and don't even want to go through the learning process to make it function, but COREL doesn't seem too interested in keeping 'Bibble Pro' updated and has NO customer communication (the forum Usr2Usr is just that, COREL does not participate for questions ..... totally opposite to when Bibble Labs was the software owner).

I doubt ASPro will be updated any time soon for the M1 ORF data and certainly ASPro will not have any new features/plugins so........ I will give LR5 stand alone a go, I am not interested in the Adobe CC whatever, who knows I may like LR for how it works, cataloging and all.

I may go by AC tomorrow too, not certain yet if I will be that direction or toward Mansfield, it depends on Bonnie and her shopping schedule.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:33 PM   #25

I'm with you Bob, I hate learning new photo software. I had the Canon DPP down pat and now I no longer have Canon so it will not process Oly RAW files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Awwwww, wonderful, Merry Christmas! Tell Gil I said 'Hi'.

I've decided to buy LR5! Since RA's thread here I downloaded the pre 5.3 trial and had a go at it and don't even want to go through the learning process to make it function, but COREL doesn't seem too interested in keeping 'Bibble Pro' updated and has NO customer communication (the forum Usr2Usr is just that, COREL does not participate for questions ..... totally opposite to when Bibble Labs was the software owner).

I doubt ASPro will be updated any time soon for the M1 ORF data and certainly ASPro will not have any new features/plugins so........ I will give LR5 stand alone a go, I am not interested in the Adobe CC whatever, who knows I may like LR for how it works, cataloging and all.

I may go by AC tomorrow too, not certain yet if I will be that direction or toward Mansfield, it depends on Bonnie and her shopping schedule.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:56 PM   #26

[QUOTE=boBBrennan;1363740]Awwwww, wonderful, Merry Christmas! Tell Gil I said 'Hi'.QUOTE]

I called this morning and Gil took care of me. Body+grip. Paid today and I'll be going by there in the morning (probably around 11am or so) to pick it up. I will probably hit a park or two over there tomorrow and then headed over to Old City Park near downtown Dallas for this late afternoon/evening event..

http://www.dallasheritagevillage.org...l.aspx?EID=615

I think you'll wind up liking Lightroom.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:13 PM   #27

Bonnie just said, SATURDAY is a FREE day for me.... NO SHOPPING!

If I were to meet you at AC, maybe lunch and then Crystal Canyon for a quick trip through the bridges, easy walking trail...... I will buy lunch at Tommy's!

The Candlelight looks like the ideal/perfect 'maiden event'.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:12 PM   #28

As you know "easy walks" are what I'm all about

That sounds good.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:55 PM   #29

....I hope the rain stops, it will be windy though. C U at AC around 11am.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Dec 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM.