Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:44 PM   #11

I did receive the 50-200, collar, hood and case so I have the complete set. As I figured, EX with KEH was virtually like new. Most of the wear is on the front cap.

The thing seems massive after having used the Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 for a while. I'll probably get our with it this next weekend. Can't wait for another month or so when the sun starts staying up long enough after 5pm I might actually be able to start doing some shooting after work during the week.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:51 AM   #12

............holy lens cap!

Did the complete set come from KEH on that purchase price?

Well, I've all the time in the world but I don't get out much these short days either.

It is a hefty handful but like I said earlier, once finished for the day the only thing remembered is 'that' because the results are so worth using it. The 14-54 is really good on the M1 too. BTW, X2 digi-tele works well too on either lens.

So, for me, including the FT 9-18 & m43 40-150 I am in 'combo heaven'.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:41 AM   #13

$364 "just" got me the lens, caps and case. I paid Amazon $34 to send me a new original hood and Olympus America wanted $135 for a new tripod collar, so it was just over $500 all in.

The 12-40 and 50-200 will be a nice, fast two lens setup and I have the perfect Think Tank Speed Freak V20 bag (lord do I have bags) that will work for that outfit. I would imagine using the digital 2x with the 50-200 is pretty much just as good as using the EC20.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Jan 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:45 AM   #14

Those photos are indeed crispy critters for sure and an attestment to the quality of the combo used. I will not buy an M1, I will not buy an M1, I will not.........
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:27 AM   #15

Agree with all that's been said. The detail, sharpness and color is second to none. And indeed, why shoot RAW when you get results such as the above. Great work!
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:06 AM   #16

James, you've $2K of determination!

Tnx Alan, I keep telling myself JPG files are OK to deal with but it's the years of habit that I don't want to change, yet, the files from the E-M1 are very rewarding.

With ASPro it is also rewarding that as a non-destructive and file system usage program that waiting on a new version really isn't all that difficult. With JPG files I still use the same data management process as with the RAW files..... all is good for the wait.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jan 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote