Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
cool shots and explanations, thinking back I believe I captured some crepuscular rays right after sunset in Aruba last trip;

Saventa Sunset by ramcewan, on Flickr
Very cool shot ramcewan. You nailed it. Hard as it may be to believe the rays you captured are actually running parallel. They are usually caused by sunlight filtering through distant clouds on the horizon but sometimes it could be landforms. Very nice capture and thanks for posting.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:55 PM   #12

Thanks everyone for your comments. As a perpetual beginner I look up to and respect all you guys.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:00 PM   #13

This was a really interesting series with some excellent photographs. Thanks to both chiPersei and ramcewan.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:54 PM   #14

Thanks Steven. If you're interested in Earth Science and photography be sure to check out EPOD.

Clip from the site: "The Earth Science Picture of the Day (EPOD) highlights the diverse processes and phenomena which shape our planet and our lives. EPOD will collect and archive photos, imagery, graphics, and artwork with short explanatory captions and links exemplifying features within the Earth system. The community is invited to contribute digital imagery, short captions and relevant links."

Anyone can submit a photo. Heck they even posted a few of mine. They'll pop-up if you enter Beeler in the search box.

One of the best solar halo photos I've seen was posted March 2 of this year. Interestingly, it was created as an effect from a snow making machine on a slope at Snowbird in Utah. You can see it here: http://goo.gl/Awx4G1 . It's not a bad photo in a technical sense however if one of us took it I bet we would have increased the exposure of the foreground (on the right) in post-processing.