Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:39 PM   #21

Quote:
I recall times when cropping an image I could have used the extra room to better place a subject.
Me TOO! I have a tendacy to frame rather tightly for what I like to photograph and if I don't pay attention to the camera level indicator when it is important to the image then I often wish to have more latitude for straightening; some files I must trash for the very reason there is no room for straightening/cropping.

DXO could save me some files .... $300 worth I wonder, since I sell none.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:58 PM   #22

Since I switched to the finder style where the digital level is shown on the half-press it's been amazing to me how few images I have captured that required cropping in processing. Prior to that, even with the grid lines enabled, I was all over the place with out of balance images. I don't know if it's the way I'm looking in the finder or the image floating around due to the IS system but I would just shake my head sometimes at how off-balance some images looked.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiPersei View Post
Having the extra pixels can be handy. I recall times when cropping an image I could have used the extra room to better place a subject.
Oh for the love of headroom... I'm doing a series of ads and the photog has shot brilliant images, except there is no headroom. Tons of space everywhere else.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote