Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:10 AM   #1

Default ...at last Friday evening with the cars

I've been 'family busy' most Friday nights this spring but last night was back to the fun of the cars.

BTW, I use only the E-P3/VF-2/FT 9-18 to do the cars. I tried the M1 but it just doesn't handle right with the VF-2 for how I photograph the Friday night show so back to the P3 and the 'feel good' comfort zone.

Some nice cars come to the show, it has a good reputation for quality cars, a big showing and a lots of people..... and it is all FREE too, every Friday night, we have a good time.

I've photographed so many of the cars the past 3 years that I look for ones I've not seen before, usually there are some.

These from last night..............

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 20, 2014 at 12:30 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
BTW, I only use the E-P3/VF-2/FT 9-18 to do the cars. I tried the M1 but it just doesn't handle right with the VF-2 for how I photograph the Friday night show so back to the P3 and the 'feel good' comfort zone.
Why mess with success? Hope you don't mind if next time I get to a car show I try to emulate your style. As Charles Caleb Colton said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Why mess with success? Hope you don't mind if next time I get to a car show I try to emulate your style. As Charles Caleb Colton said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
'no messing around' .. Exactly the right decision most always and I would love the flattery..... go for it and GET LOW!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:18 PM   #4

Really nice Bob. Great lines and colors. This is your best set to date. That first vehicle is talking to me, big time. My dad had one of those (not the same engine ) when I was a teenager. Never would let me sniff the drivers seat, with good reason.

I used a $200 off special and credit card points to pick up a great little body with an E-M1-like sensor to primarily use the 7-14 f4 Panasonic for subjects at angles like this with the built-in articulating EVF, a Panasonic GX7. The Olympus bodies just don't do the lens justice with purple blobs in tough light, stuff I am finding you never see when used with the GX7.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Apr 19, 2014 at 2:59 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:22 PM   #5

VERY nice shots Bob.
A little HP on the SS

Th cars are coming out here next Sunday. Can't wait
Its been a long winter
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM   #6

....thanks Greg, I'm happy you like the images.

The fellow bringing the '66 Nova is who sold the '38 Chev 4-dr that I would have bought myself if only I had garage space. I just was not willing to spend 175-200 $/month for a place to keep it, now the '38 car is gone to N.Carolina, I am still a bit sad and probably should have made rent for it.

I've read that the GX7 is a really nice camera, it surely looks good and the built in articulating EVF is a real plus to it also. Hopefully you will get better usage of the 7-14.

Fred, the car running street gearing for the blower dynos at about 550 HP (.....he said) and when he rolls it in it makes a lot of racket.... he says with the blower drive gearing changed to performance the engine dynos close to 700 HP.

There are quite a few BIG HP engines show up there, some Chevy 502s that are stout just to look at.

I've split out the Friday Night engines to a gallery of 'Engines Only' if you would like to see some of what shows up; here ==>http://tinyurl.com/bmym45e......it was a long winter in Texas too

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 24, 2014 at 8:36 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:33 PM   #7

Great set, like them all but really like the second to last shot, you really nailed that one.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:06 AM   #8

Great set as usual. LIke the engine detail and the Chevy II shots the best.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:56 AM   #9

Oh Boy! Another super series of Bob's automobile photos. Excellent as usual!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote