Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:29 PM   #1

Default ...a great day in Arlington, TX USA for a walk in a park

Today was a walk at our largest (1300 acres) park system in Arlington. The main feature of River Legacy Parks is the Living Science Center and surrounding grounds where classes are taught for learning about nature in Texas, the local area in particular.

Always a fun time and the park is beginning to take on the flavor of outdoors in the spring time. Today was 90 F but not hot yet and the filtered light in the brush pathways was fun to shoot.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:06 PM   #2

Lovely stuff Bob. Wish I was there. Rain here for the last few days and it's predicted for the next 8 days. Thanks for the info on the park too.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:31 PM   #3

Pretty iris. Was a perfect day, except for work. Last time I was in that Center, Kelsey was a little girl. I need to stop and go in next time.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:36 PM   #4

Thanks Alan, there is something there that will entertain anyone, even George W Bush rides the bike trails there, kayaking the Trinity river, big events like the annual kite flying and on-&-on.

Greg, the center is being remodeled for better/more displays and classes areas. On this day only the turtle was in its window box... All the snakes were out with signs which read 'we are in a class, sorry we missed you'. Anyway the remodel has been a year now and looks like quite a lot more to do. Since RLPs works on its own volunteer and $$$$ fund raising it takes longer than would a 'simple city park facility' to make things happen, still a place where young & small children like and learn.

The director of volunteers left RLP in December to work with the Ft Worth ISD and things have changed a lot since. When the previous director was there, she called or emailed me for just about every event to do photography which I did do some.

I'm having to be careful anymore that I don't take on more than I want.... I'm RETIRED and I don't have enough FREE time to do those things.

This weekend I will do a learning event at the Southwest Nature Preserve, near the house here, for 3rd grade kiddos and a Mansfield school 'student council', that should be a fun 1/2 day.

BTW.... all the photos this trip were E-M1 & ZD 14-54 with some of the images done with the digital-EC.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:31 PM   #5

Great shots Bob. The Iris shots especially are super.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Great shots Bob. The Iris shots especially are super.
....thanks Steven

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:01 PM   #7

I like how the trail photos lead to the unknown so to speak, nicely composed, and the Iris shots are razor sharp. Nice job Bob.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:12 PM   #8

Looks like you had a nice day for a walk in the park. The pathway shots are really nice with the dappled sunshine, the iris shots are also real nice