Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 20, 2014, 9:34 AM   #1

Default Same - Ecuador

I was traveling for work during the last weeks but the first week of May I went to Ecuador to visit family and friends and I had a great time.

I visited Esmeraldas, is a small city located at north of the country and Same is a small town just 30 minutes from Esmeraldas, the demography there is 70% Afro - Ecuadorian.

Most Afro-Ecuadorians are the descendants of slaves which originally arrived in Ecuador from the early 16th century. In 1533, the first African slaves reached Ecuador when a slave ship was stranded off the Ecuadorian coast.

The slaves escaped and established maroon settlements in Esmeraldas, which became a safe haven for them.

It is a beautiful place to stay and now there is a big immigration of Canadian, USA and European retired people who are living there because the cost of life is very inexpensive. You can rent a house in from of the ocean for only $150/month or buy a beautiful deluxe apartment for $80.000 to $150.000.

Ecuador give free health care for his citizens and it is also extensive to any person who request attention in a hospital, this include medicine also.

I hope you enjoy the tour:

1. A view of the beach from the mountains.

2. Same

3. A view from the pool

Have a great day everyone.

Marcelo

Last edited by MarceloLI; May 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2014, 10:26 AM   #2

beautiful!
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 3:01 PM   #3

Beautiful shots, and very informative. Made me want to go pack my swim trunks and camera and buy an airplane ticket!!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 3:30 PM   #4

Certainly not the same Ecuador I recall. But, again, I was in a completely different city -- Manta. Beautiful images, Marcelo.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 5:15 PM   #5

G'day Marcelo

"wow" does not seem enough

Your imagery - both visual & verbal does wonders for the location, and it appears to be 6-star luxury [way beyond when I am used to as well]

Glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope some of these images end up on your lounge room wall

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 8:24 PM   #6

Cheap housing and provided medical care.....hmmmmm....SOMEONE is paying for all of that . Something, somewhere, is raising a lot of money to pay for it.....or at least, they better be if they want it to continue forever. Even the ultra-liberal Scandinavians are figuring out welfare states will not support themselves indefinitely. With my luck, it would probably all come crashing down about the time I bought my little flat over there.....or the American Airlines flight I was taking would do a Malaysian 370 on me. Assuming, of course, they could even get it off the ground.

Beautiful place though.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; May 20, 2014 at 8:42 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2014, 9:45 AM   #7

Great shots as usual and I doubt any of those homes are renting for 150.00 per month.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:10 PM   #8

Marcelo, did you do some additional processing on these? I coulda swore the first time I looked the sky in the first image was almost completely blown, which is not the case now.
Old May 21, 2014, 7:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
beautiful!
Thank you Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Beautiful shots, and very informative. Made me want to go pack my swim trunks and camera and buy an airplane ticket!!
I'm glad you like it Steven, Ecuador is a small country but the diversity of weather and landscape is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Certainly not the same Ecuador I recall. But, again, I was in a completely different city -- Manta. Beautiful images, Marcelo.
Gary, I remember you mentioned here you visited Manta a few year ago, l know what you saw back then but today Manta is a different city.

Thank you for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Marcelo

"wow" does not seem enough

Your imagery - both visual & verbal does wonders for the location, and it appears to be 6-star luxury [way beyond when I am used to as well]

Glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope some of these images end up on your lounge room wall

Phil
Thank you Phil,

The pictures belong to Casablanca in Same and it is a exclusive place where you can rent a 4 bedroom apartment daily for $180 in front of the beach with access to outside pool and gym or you can buy a two bedroom apt for $80.000 or a 4 bedroom for $120.000 - $150.000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Cheap housing and provided medical care.....hmmmmm....SOMEONE is paying for all of that . Something, somewhere, is raising a lot of money to pay for it.....or at least, they better be if they want it to continue forever. Even the ultra-liberal Scandinavians are figuring out welfare states will not support themselves indefinitely. With my luck, it would probably all come crashing down about the time I bought my little flat over there.....or the American Airlines flight I was taking would do a Malaysian 370 on me. Assuming, of course, they could even get it off the ground.

Beautiful place though.
Greg,

Check this link about a review of the best places to retire, Ecuador is the number 1 option:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquely...re-to-in-2013/

Healt Care in the USA is a big business where Pharmaceuticals, Insurance Companies, hospitals and some politics take care of each other... I worked 6 years for Pfizer, 5 for Bristol-Mayers-Squib and 4 years for Latin-American Laboratories (generics) and I know how this works.

While Pfizer sell the last generation antibiotic for $25/pill a generic one sell it of $0.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Great shots as usual and I doubt any of those homes are renting for 150.00 per month.
James,

If that was the case I will be sending this message from Same and not from NYC :-)

Thank you for the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Marcelo, did you do some additional processing on these? I coulda swore the first time I looked the sky in the first image was almost completely blown, which is not the case now.
Greg, I didn't add or edited any of the pictures originally posted.

Last edited by MarceloLI; May 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2014, 8:21 PM   #10

Just goes to show how monitors can affect things. This afternoon looking at them on my iPhone they look much better than here at home on my monitor. Probably need to re-profile my monitor.