Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:09 PM   #1

Default Moon, 300mm, DigitalTC, OOC

The Olympus 2x Digital Tele-Converter results folks have demonstrated on this site convinced me to give it a try. Here's a couple comparative shots taken of the Moon. Both are at 300mm using the Panny 100-300. The second using the DTC.

OOC is a little bit of a misnomer because the jpgs straight out of the camera are larger that Steve's maximum allowable file size. So they are resized but no additional processing has taken place. They look even better at full res.

Since I shoot jpg+raw I'm going to crop and PP one when I get time. If it looks any different I'll post it.
Attached Images

chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:24 PM   #2

Ha! Great minds must think alike. I was doing the exact same thing last night, but with the Panasonic GX7 mounted on a tripod and the Olympus 75-300, using the wifi remote release and the GX7's electronic shutter to eliminate all vibrations.

I just did a couple of raw images but did not upload anything to share. Just fooolin' around on a hot night. The capture was at 300mm, but I don't think I cropped in all the way to a 2x equivalent though. I really like Panasonic's wifi implementation much better than Olympus'.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Ha! Great minds must think alike. I was doing the exact same thing last night, but with the Panasonic GX7 mounted on a tripod and the Olympus 75-300, using the wifi remote release and the GX7's electronic shutter to eliminate all vibrations.

I just did a couple of raw images but did not upload anything to share. Just fooolin' around on a hot night. The capture was at 300mm, but I don't think I cropped in all the way to a 2x equivalent though. I really like Panasonic's wifi implementation much better than Olympus'.
That's pretty funny Greg. I was using the Oly wifi capabilities for the same reason. Also used the Anti-Shock setting and tripod with IS off.

Here's a PP version using a raw file. It was cropped and some initial sharpening in LR then converted to B&W in Silver Efex Pro. For folks not yet initiated the raw file does not make use of the Digital Tele-Converter so it's a fairly aggressive crop from a moon photo the size of the one at the top.
Attached Images

chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote