Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:13 PM   #1

Default Garden Walk Buffalo

In Answer to the query, "Can they grow flowers in Buffalo?" join me on a quick sample of the gardens featured by Garden Walk Buffalo, the largest garden tour in North America. This year there were over 275 gardens on the tour. A two day event, quite impossible to see everything. Our group concentrated on the Cottage District and Allen Town.

The Garden Walk sign, inviting you to visit the garden, indicating which part of the property open for viewing

Quite the backyard, massive wall provides quite the backdrop for this quiet garden

Splash of colour in front yard, no need for a lawnmower!

This shot and the following bring up the question: did the garden inspire the colour scheme for the house, or was it the garden followed the house…

It can get very crowed, but with so many gardens on view, it was easy to stay ahead of the crowds

This is a shot that I have to let the camera take the glory for. Too many people so I put the camera on program, auto focus, and stuck my arm through the fence and hoped for the best. Maybe not exactly level but captured this scene very nicely.

All shot in a hurry with the venerable E-PL1 and the 14-42 Kit v1 lens, "post" done in iPhoto.

So, flowers grow very nicely thank you up in Buffalo. Thanks for viewing.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:38 PM   #2

Hey Kula- if anyone ever doubted that flowers grew in Buffalo you have certainly put that thought to bed. Beautiful gardens wonderfully photographed. Thanks for posting and thanks for the commentary.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Beautiful gardens wonderfully photographed. Thanks for posting and thanks for the commentary.
.....yep, me too!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:16 PM   #4

Thanks Allan, Bob. It is hard not to capture the spirit of these gardens, lots of colour and textures to work with. To have more time...

This tour is really something. I help organize a local garden tour and if we can manage to get maybe 8 gardens, we get real excited. These folks in Buffalo started 20 years ago with 20 gardens, and now feature over 250 gardens. Amazing! Fabulous community spirit!
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:36 PM   #5

Yes, I agree with the others. Thanks for posting these nice shots.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote