Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:17 AM   #21

Did you see this too? The lens hood is the same slide-out design of the 60mm f2.8 macro. I believe internal zoom too, so that's the size no matter the zoom setting.

Sign me up.....I just need to call Arlington Camera and tell 'em I want the zoom/TC combo, not just the lens.

The 12-40mm f2.8 has a 62mm filter size. The hood makes it look even bigger, so I'm guessing that's easily at least a 67mm filter size. Maybe 72mm.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Sep 8, 2014 at 8:35 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:37 AM   #22

hmm I did not see that, it got posted between my post and now. Looks good. If the price rumors are correct the $100 more for the TC with the 40-150 makes the TC a no-brainer.

Now we just need to see what the 300mm f4 will look like and cost, that's the one I'm most interested in.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:53 AM   #23

This was posted on Facebook (43 rumors) so I did see it .... NOW I DO WANT ONE TOO!

BTW, the 1.4 TC does look 'SPECIAL' ==> http://tinyurl.com/pn445tg Probably will fit the 300 too?

Gosh, I love this stuff, it reminds me of when I was working in the corporate motorcycle industry
all those many years ago......

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Sep 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:13 PM   #24

Looks like an awful nice package to me, like getting two lenses for the price of one.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:11 PM   #25

"Exceeds the SHQ Zuiko performance", "highest optical quality zoom lens ever made by Olympus"....at least, that's what Olympus is going to say. The Olympus salesman at Arlington Camera just smiled at me when I asked him to confirm I was still on their list for it when I was in there yesterday, and clarified my preference was for the lens/TC option, if it is an option.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:15 PM   #26

Quote:
The Olympus salesman at Arlington Camera just smiled at me when I asked him to confirm I was still on their list for it when I was in there yesterday, and clarified my preference was for the lens/TC option, if it is an option.
.....I'll bet he did, won't be long now 'til.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:27 PM   #27

$1,499.00 USD for the new 40-150 set for release in November.

Some firmware updates include: per PetaPixel

"The new firmware enables tethered shooting using Olympus Capture, in-camera ‘Digital Shift’ or ‘Keystone Compensation’ that lets you adjust for trapezoidal distortion without using a tilt-shift lens or pulling the photo into post, and the popular Live Composite Mode introduced in the E-M10.

Other minor updates courtesy of Firmware Version 2.0 include a reduced display lag for the EVF (down to 16ms), some advancements to the camera’s remote shooting capabilities via the OI.Share app, and new scene modes and art effects for those of you who like to get creative in camera."

Last edited by chiPersei; Sep 15, 2014 at 3:35 PM.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:48 PM   #28

Full EM-1 firmware update info from 43 Rumors: No 4K BTW.

Here is the full features/fix list:
-Image display time lag: 16 msec (frame rate setting is high speed)
-Multiple simultaneous settings now available in Live Guide
- Exposure compensation (±3 EV) is now available in HDR 1/HDR2 shooting
- A function was added to cancel Color Creator and return to the original Picture Mode by pressing the MENU button when using Color Creator function
- Even when Art Filter is set for the Picture Mode in movie shooting, the Movie Tele-converter can now be used
- AF function for each frame was added to Custom Self Timer. In Drive Mode’s Custom Self Timer settings, you can now press the INFO button to change settings
- MF Assist is now supported in magnified frame position
- 3x has been added to high resolution magnified Live View
- The Peaking display frame rate has been improved
- Electronic zoom speed setting function was added. An icon appears on the LCD monitor when using the olympus zoom lens
- When the arrow pad is set to Direct function, the Underwater/Underwater macro functions can be used with the left and down button on the arrow pad
- Double tap is now supported in touch operations on the Super Control Panel
- The level gauge and histogram can now be displayed during magnified frame display. The Touch Off icon was added to magnified frame display
- A function was added so that shooting information recorded in HDR1/HDR2 can be viewed in the playback screen
- Information on composited number of shots for images recorded with Live Composite was added (Can be checked in Olympus Viewer3)
- When the BKT button is pressed for seconds, the BKT menu now appears
-Keystone Compensation (Digital Shift)
-Tethered Shooting System (OLYMPUS capture)
-Live Composite
-Zoom In/Out and Layout have been added to Photo Story. Save (complete partway through), Temporary Save, and Resume functions have been added to Photo Story mode
-New Art Filter: Vintage and Partial color
-Old film effect
- The Aperture Lock function has been added to Aperture Preview
- The Panning Shot shooting mode has been added to SCN mode
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:03 PM   #29

$1,499, same price for the Panasonic 35-100mm f2.8. Can't wait. Did I read somewhere firmware 2.0 is available 9/24, or is it out there now?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:07 PM   #30

The PRO lens lineup is getting even more tempting. For someone who does a lot of outdoors stuff, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I want the 12-40, when before my goal was to get primes (12mm, 45mm).
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote