Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:16 PM   #1

Default Oregon State Fair

I love going to the fair. It costs an arm and a leg; Pay to park, pay to get in, and I think my hotdog was 7.50, but the colors, people and action make for good photo inspiration.
Attached Images

Last edited by chiPersei; Sep 1, 2014 at 2:25 PM.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:21 PM   #2

From atop the wheel and under the swing.
Attached Images

Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:50 PM   #3

And what's a State Fair without a unicycle riding Elvis?
Attached Images

Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:02 PM   #4

Those are cool! Love the spinning shot while on the ride. The Texas State Fair starts at the end of September and I can't wait. Scouting for a pair of tickets to go see Texas play Oklahoma the second Saturday of the Fair, when there'll be an additional 92,000 people on the grounds that day. I just need to find them on the "right" side of the field....
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:10 PM   #5

I look forward to seeing your posts, Greg. I just hope you don't run into this guy while you're there. Some people call him a big baby.... I call him Sir.
Attached Images

Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:15 PM   #6

GREAT! GREAT!

All'em .... GREAT Alan, looks so fun.

Greg, TX-OU weekend just ain't the same is it. I remember 1974, the 1st year I worked downtown at Sanger-Harris, they closed the offices @ 2:30 everyone told me I should go home unless staying for TX-OU Fri nite.

I went home, Sat morning I went to work ..... There were small mountains of beer cans in the parking lots, frontend loaders and dump trucks to haul them away..

1974 was B4 they did the 1-way walk, TX one-side & OU the other, was crazy downtown.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Sep 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Those are cool! Love the spinning shot while on the ride.
Those are my favorites too. I had to ride it a couple times to figure out the best settings. Here's one at f/8 compared to f/22. I personally like the f/22 shots because the slightly longer shutter speed helps create the feeling of motion.
Attached Images

Last edited by chiPersei; Sep 1, 2014 at 3:42 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
GREAT! GREAT!

Thanks Bob! And there's a little something for everyone.
Attached Images

Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
GREAT! GREAT!

Greg, TX-OU weekend just ain't the same is it. I remember 1974, the 1st year I worked downtown at Sanger-Harris, they closed the offices @ 2:30 everyone told me I should go home unless staying for TX-OU Fri nite.

I went home, Sat morning I went to work ..... There were small mountains of beer cans in the parking lots, frontend loaders and dump trucks to haul them away..

1974 was B4 they did the 1-way walk, TX one-side & OU the other, was crazy downtown.
Yeah, many offices still let their people go home early, but the revelry now seems everywhere, from downtown to Greenville Avenue to the Knox-Henderson area, and adding 20,000 more seats to the Cotton Bowl has not helped the human traffic at Fair Park on Saturday game day, when you have to hit the fair grounds parking lot at or shortly after 7am if you want to park there. I would imagine there are somewhere between 150,000-200,000 people on the grounds that one day.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:51 PM   #10

Hey Bob and Greg. When I was at the Fair I bumped into a guy using an E-M1. I struck a conversation and found out he's from Texas. He said mine was the 3rd E-M1 he saw that day and he felt that was unusual because "no one uses them in Texas". I thought, well you don't know my buds so I told him about this forum. He goes by atmtx on the web and is easy to find because he posts on his own blog as well as other photo and social sites.