Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:00 AM   #1

Default A Painfully short View of Rocky Mountain Fall Colors

Business trips and extensive photographic opportunities are mutually exclusive for the most part. That was too painfully obvious the past couple of days as we drove through some of the most beautiful mountain scenery I've ever seen to a business meeting in Avon, Colorado.

I had a couple of hours near the Westin Riverfront to do some shooting and captured just a brief sampling of some of the colors that were so much more beautiful for long stretches of unstoppable miles...with the E-M1 12-40 and 35-100mm f2.8 lenses..

I may make a big print of this one..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:23 AM   #2

Man. If those were any richer they'd break the bank. Next time you give a class on Adobe Raw let me know.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:48 AM   #3

SUPER!!! I've never been to CO; every photo I see of there reminds me that I should make an effort to see for myself.

I think either the 1st or 2nd OR print them both, you've plenty of office wall, love'em.

Wow! Wyoming and Colorado in the same 6-mos, where is the next meeting...........

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:17 AM   #4

I'm lucky I was able to work on these last night. Took 90 minutes to make the 8 mile drive home with no traffic lights and stacked up streets. My area is one small pocket with electricity. Everything between downtown and just south of my apartment was "dead" last night after the storm, they just about all still do not have power this morning and some may not until tomorrow. The connected apartment behind mine had the chimney ripped off the building. What a storm.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:50 PM   #5

Quote:
What a storm.

It did a huge bit of damage in Arlington but to the north of I-20 so we in the SW of Arl had only the torrential rain downpour, winds here were only about 40MPH, 100+MPH in the damage area of town.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote