Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Reminds me of a little Mexican joint I dined at in SF a couple years ago.
These are pre EM1. Using a Panny G3 at the time.
Attached Images
   
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:55 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 2,069
Default

Wow - I am reminded of both the Holi and Diwali indian festivals of color and light (respectively) by the interiors. I think I'd give it a shot but be weary of drinking too much and getting ill.

p.s. you did well to avoid clipping the highlights with so many bright lights, nice job and thanks for sharing.
__________________
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:33 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiPersei View Post
Reminds me of a little Mexican joint I dined at in SF a couple years ago.
These are pre EM1. Using a Panny G3 at the time.
Very nice place Alan, I'm guessing it is located at The Mission District?

I'll be visiting San Francisco in two weeks and I would love to visit the place.

Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
Wow - I am reminded of both the Holi and Diwali indian festivals of color and light (respectively) by the interiors. I think I'd give it a shot but be weary of drinking too much and getting ill.

p.s. you did well to avoid clipping the highlights with so many bright lights, nice job and thanks for sharing.
Thank you ramcewan, I'm glad you like it.

Thank you for the feedback.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
Very nice place Alan, I'm guessing it is located at The Mission District?

I'll be visiting San Francisco in two weeks and I would love to visit the place.
Hi Marcelo- Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. I'm not very familiar with SF so wanted to confirm the location with my niece who took me there. She dances with the San Francisco Ballet and has lived there for years.

Anyway, here's the name and address:
El Toreador Restaurant
50 W Portal Ave
San Francisco, CA 94127
The food was good too.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:54 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Thank you for the info Alan,

I'll try to visit the place, I was looking for some info and it has great reviews.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:24 AM.