Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:51 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiPersei View Post
That is very cool Steven. I like how you brought out the house and trees (particularly the yellow one) but chose to darken the foreground. Makes for some very unusual and interesting light. Hope you don't mind if I claim it.
Thanks Alan. You can claim everything, it is your shot. I don't use the expensive PP software, just one of a few freebie programs that are easier to use. I just played around with the curves, contrast, and hues of your shot. Less than a minute from open to close.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:54 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I don't use the expensive PP software, just one of a few freebie programs that are easier to use. I just played around with the curves, contrast, and hues of your shot. Less than a minute from open to close.
You mean to tell me I wasted $1500.00 on software and countless hours of trial and error for nothing?!? ............
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:06 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,099
Default

Very nice B&W Alan..!!
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:15 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Thanks Marcelo!
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:46 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiPersei View Post
You mean to tell me I wasted $1500.00 on software and countless hours of trial and error for nothing?!? ............
LOL, something that I learned a long time ago, called the law of diminishing returns. You can accomplish 90% of what you need in the first 10% of the time, and the remaining 90% of the time gives only marginal gains. And there are often cheaper tools that do the job well.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:16 PM.