Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:57 PM   #1

Default ...getting on pretty well here

My sincere thanks and gratitude to you who've contacted me and my family regarding my recent health issue.

Resultant to my stroke 10/27/2014 I am doing well with recovery to my everyday self. I walk, talk, think, feel, eat; etal much the same as before the stroke; it is mostly the same because Bonnie tells me I have a bit of speech change and I can't write as well as before due to hand shake; I am also showing a slight left side walk limp. These couple things I'm hoping will recover soon.

I do have a follow up meeting with the neurologist who saw me in the hospital and with my new cardiologist this week. Hopefully they will have only good recovery news, I'm counting on that.

I talked a bit with my good friend Greg Chappell today (Sunday). He was out to the beautiful bridge in Dallas today, I surely wish I could have been there too .... today may have been the best weather day we've seen in DFW for a long while. From the current forecast; today may have been the last beauty for a while too with the ARCTIC norther' coming mid-week, maybe a freeze with it.

Anyway Greg is anxiously awaiting the lens (40-150 f/2.8); he is 1st on the list, I saw the list, while I am 4th so maybe by Christmas we both might get the call from Arlington Camera.

For me I've had happen a publication of some photos by our local 'Arlington Today Magazine'. The magazine is published with direction to ad client businesses in Arlington and to citizenry subscription. My very good friend who is a past mayor of Arlingotn and is CEO of Arlington Today Magazine contacted me about using some of my photos depicting fall season foliage color seen in our city parks.

I put a gallery together, the magazine editors selected files to use for the 4-page spread and I am now more famous than before in Arlington, TX USA.

I am really proud of this..... and wanted to share some 'happy' news.

The online magazine is here ==> http://tinyurl.com/lr86sr5
The photos begin on page 25

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:21 PM   #2

Great article and spread Bob. You should be proud.

PS- I give thanks our good friend Bob is on the mend.

Alan
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:08 AM   #3

Glad to hear your health is progressing Bob. If you do get out to shooting again soon, I'll actually be in Dallas (Plano) for the whole week of Thanksgiving. Of course I'm bringing my camera.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:33 AM   #4

Bob,

Glad to hear about your recovery. Wonderful spread in Arlington Today, too. One question: where did you capture the monarchs roosting?

Elliot
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:30 AM   #5

hey Drew... Plano is 60-miles from where I live, it's been about 4-yrs since I ws there. Texas Stroke Institute is HQ in Plano; it was considered to transport me via helicopter ambulance there for treatment. I was much happier to be taken to Fort Worth instead.

Elliot ... thank you too. The monarch photo is actually not mine, rather it is one mayor Greene had done; it and some others were intended to be used for a different story. Richard captured those butterflies in his back yard one afternoon about 2-weeks ago. There is a note at the bottom of one of the photos explaining. Sorry, I intended to and shoulld have explained that in my original post.

I did find a similar roost at my daughter's home 2-days after Richard's photos were done. That was exciting to see....... I did not make any photos of the butterflies, my cameras were not with me that day.

Thanks for seeing the magazine, Bob

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 10, 2014 at 7:33 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:33 AM   #6

Very cool photo spread Bob. That's is just too neat. Great set of images. I remember that image of you. It was one cold day. You should be proud. 4 pages of images, wow!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:24 AM   #7

Bob,

Congratulations on the feature in the paper. Those photos were beautiful.

You are also in my prayers sir.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:47 AM   #8

First, and most importantly; very glad to hear that you are still progressing well in your recovery. Secondly, congrats on that nice 4 page spread of photos. Well done and that is something to be justifiably proud off.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:35 PM   #9

Thanks Greg, Billy & Steven..... your remarks are very meaningful to me.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:21 PM   #10

Some really nice images there Bob, lets hope you get back to full health soon.
John Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote