Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default Lombardo Street

I arrived early to San Francisco and after dropping my suitcases at the hotel I walked with the OMD-E5 to Lombardo St to capture some long exposures.

I used a 1000x and a 300x ND filters on the 12-50mm for this pictures.









A strong storm is approaching San Francisco and I have to leave before it hit the city, sad because I had plans to shoot the Golden Gate early in the morning.

Last edited by MarceloLI; Dec 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 402
Default

These are really cool. Especially the bay bridge in the background. The last couple of times I was in SF I did not have much time to take photos.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Nicely done Marcelo. I've not spent much time in SF but I've always wanted to photograph "the crookedest street in the world". Next time for sure. I like the tail light trails in 2 and 3 as they weave the switchbacks.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
FredS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 1,007
Default

WoW Marcelo
Very cool shots
I like your second and thirds shots
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew881 View Post
These are really cool. Especially the bay bridge in the background. The last couple of times I was in SF I did not have much time to take photos.
Thank you Drew,

San Francisco is a beautiful city with so many photo opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiPersei View Post
Nicely done Marcelo. I've not spent much time in SF but I've always wanted to photograph "the crookedest street in the world". Next time for sure. I like the tail light trails in 2 and 3 as they weave the switchbacks.
Thank you Alan,

It is a nice place to photograph the sunset, from the same street you have a fantastic view of Alcatraz also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
WoW Marcelo
Very cool shots
I like your second and thirds shots
Thank you Fred for the picks, I'm glad you like it.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
James Emory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,378
Default

Those are attention getters for sure.
__________________
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:41 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Thank you James.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:54 AM   #8
Member
 
John Dixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 71
Default

Great sense of movement in these images, the light trails provide great lead in lines and I like how in no3 the ghostly image of a car appears as it slows to take the bend on the left side, nice one.
John Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
Great sense of movement in these images, the light trails provide great lead in lines and I like how in no3 the ghostly image of a car appears as it slows to take the bend on the left side, nice one.
Thank you so much for the feedback John, IU'm glad you like it.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:10 PM.