Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:30 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,521
Default Bob, have you seen this review?

Thom Hogan's review of the 40-150mm f2.8. Some nice butterfly images..

http://www.sansmirror.com/lenses/len...-f28-lens.html
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,101
Default

I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens,...
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,566
Default

...I have read his review.

I am anxiously awaiting the butterflies, dragons & wildflowers.... I've had enough COLD.

Yesterday I stopped by an old shopping area in Arlington where the backside of the perimeter buildings has become a mural palette. It has become an eastside Arlington community effort to clean up graffiti laden walls with new brightness.

I've only had the cameras out now 2-times since my October hospital stay; this was the 1st-time for the 40-150 PRO. It is obvious I will need more practice but I like the colors.

My review ... the lens is everything everyone has said it is.

Marcelo, you do need this lens...................... for the aurora from Reykjavík. Oops, sorry about the weather in Iceland; but you still do need this lens...lol.













__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jan 7, 2015 at 7:20 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
FredS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 1,007
Default

Shots look Excellent Bob

They are currently selling the Olympus 40-150 Pro in Calgary
for $ 1469.00 Canuck Bucks + 5% tax
or $ 1300.00 USD
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 2,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
Shots look Excellent Bob

They are currently selling the Olympus 40-150 Pro in Calgary
for $ 1469.00 Canuck Bucks + 5% tax
or $ 1300.00 USD
that sounds like an excellent deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
...I have read his review.

I am anxiously awaiting the butterflies, dragons & wildflowers.... I've had enough COLD.
bah - you want some real cold? we had -6 yesterday morning and 2-3" of snow this morning!

You sound like my parents in Florida complaining to me last night about dipping into the high 40s at night... cry me a river... a river which if you cried it here would freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Yesterday I stopped by an old shopping area in Arlington where the backside of the perimeter buildings has become a mural palette. It has become an eastside Arlington community effort to clean up graffiti laden walls with new brightness.

I've only had the cameras out now 2-times since my October hospital stay; this was the 1st-time for the 40-150 PRO. It is obvious I will need more practice but I like the colors.

My review ... the lens is everything everyone has said it is.

Marcelo, you do need this lens...................... for the aurora from Reykjavík. Oops, sorry about the weather in Iceland; but you still do need this lens...lol.
beautiful shots!! great color and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens, I don't need this lens,...
good luck with that mantra
__________________
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:06 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,521
Default

Kelsey's KC10 landed at Alliance last night. I'm going to be up there this afternoon and plan to use the 40-150 to get some takeoff shots.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:02 PM.