Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:06 PM   #1

Default Just ordered the 12-40 f2.8

Got it refurb on GetOlympus. Act fast if you were trying to get this.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:07 PM   #2

Good catch. You'll love it.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:36 PM   #3

I was more looking forward to getting a refurb 12mm F2 at 479, but I haven't seen it pop up as often. This lens looks a bit big for my taste and uses (hiking), but I have a new backpack now with a slightly bigger top compartment, so I should be ok.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew881 View Post
I was more looking forward to getting a refurb 12mm F2 at 479, but I haven't seen it pop up as often. This lens looks a bit big for my taste and uses (hiking), but I have a new backpack now with a slightly bigger top compartment, so I should be ok.
The size of the lens is what keeps me away from it.

But I know it will delivery super sharp pictures with a nice DOF.

Congratulations..!!
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:04 PM   #5

I got mine just before Christmas. I'm glad I was able to, as whenever I've looked at the referb site since then, it's never in stock. It's about the same size as the Panasonic 45-200 I have, so yes, quite a bit bigger than a kit 14-42, but I've loved the pictures so far. Congrats!
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:48 PM   #6

Right now the lens is on sale for 899 new. I don't know if that is a permanent price drop or a sale. If for whatever reason I don't like it, I figure I'll get my money back.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:17 PM   #7

Good catch, I never seem to find it available... At this point that's okay as I have already blown my budget. When the time is right it will work out, maybe spring sale.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:45 PM   #8

I pretty much made a rule with myself that if I ever saw it or the 12 F2 on refurb I would throw it on the credit card no matter what. It avoids some of the agony of decision making with these things, especially for 2 lenses that never stay in stock long on the refurb page.

It hurts a bit that I just got back from a week long trip in Vancouver and Whistler (so stupid not to take the camera), so the finances are a bit tight before I'm reimbursed for my trip, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger. I did it at noon on a Monday, in case there is a science as to when they put new product on the page.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:19 PM   #9

Just got the lens. I'm not sure if I need to update firmware for this lens, but has anyone noticed a loud autofocusing with it? Not a clickity clack rattlesnake that everyone talks about with the 25mm panasonic, but kind of like the lens is working overly hard to focus (I notice this around 35-40mm).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:21 PM   #10

I'm wondering if it is something with image stabilization. The screen doesn't go quiet still like on other lenses, but seems to go in and out of sharp focus.