Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:00 PM   #1

Default What's the deal with the silly ads here now?

Since getting home this evening and logging in, each freakin' click has brought up the same silly Tamron lens ad, shading the entire screen and making you click it off before you can advance to the next screen only to get the same silly ad again. Anyone else experiencing this tonight?

Hope this isn't the world around here going forward. I'm no Facebook user and won't mess with a site very long that works like this.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Jan 12, 2015 at 9:03 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Since getting home this evening and logging in, each freakin' click has brought up the same silly Tamron lens ad, shading the entire screen and making you click it off before you can advance to the next screen only to get the same silly ad again. Anyone else experiencing this tonight?

Hope this isn't the world around here going forward. I'm no Facebook user and won't mess with a site very long that works like this.
Greg, I only get that ad one time when I first open the home page. I click it off, and it does not reappear in the forums. Perhaps it is something in your browser settings that allows it to keep showing up. I am using Chrome tonight, I haven't had a chance to check it on Internet Explorer.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:40 PM   #3

...every fresh screen the ad appears. Very frustrating and I won't put up with it for long.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:14 PM   #4

Thanks Steven. I'm using Google Chrome too. I'll check and see if anything in the settings can be changed. I've NEVER had an ad pop-up on the screen when using this site.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks Steven. I'm using Google Chrome too. I'll check and see if anything in the settings can be changed. I've NEVER had an ad pop-up on the screen when using this site.
I have not seen this before either. When I open the site, it pops up, but I can click the "Forums" and the forums open and it goes away. But having it on the home page activity is definitely a pain. I doubled checked my browser settings and my popup blocker is on.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:57 PM   #6

Every new screen I open the ad opens up. Home page, forums, anything. As soon as I click and post this, it'll open up again..

The site managers have definitely figured out how to run people off and reduce clicks on their web page.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Every new screen I open the ad opens up. Home page, forums, anything. As soon as I click and post this, it'll open up again..

The site managers have definitely figured out how to run people off and reduce clicks on their web page.
Yes, same here, using Chrome.
This is not doing Steve's or Tamron much good.
blkms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:27 AM   #8

Something is definitely screwy here. I only get it on any activity on the home page and it disappears when I go to the forums. But others even get it on the forum pages. I think Steves-Digicams owes us an explanation.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:48 AM   #9

I hate pop-ups!
Weebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:08 AM   #10

I get it on every screen, too.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote