Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:00 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,483
Default What's the deal with the silly ads here now?

Since getting home this evening and logging in, each freakin' click has brought up the same silly Tamron lens ad, shading the entire screen and making you click it off before you can advance to the next screen only to get the same silly ad again. Anyone else experiencing this tonight?

Hope this isn't the world around here going forward. I'm no Facebook user and won't mess with a site very long that works like this.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Jan 12, 2015 at 9:03 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Since getting home this evening and logging in, each freakin' click has brought up the same silly Tamron lens ad, shading the entire screen and making you click it off before you can advance to the next screen only to get the same silly ad again. Anyone else experiencing this tonight?

Hope this isn't the world around here going forward. I'm no Facebook user and won't mess with a site very long that works like this.
Greg, I only get that ad one time when I first open the home page. I click it off, and it does not reappear in the forums. Perhaps it is something in your browser settings that allows it to keep showing up. I am using Chrome tonight, I haven't had a chance to check it on Internet Explorer.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:40 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,554
Default

...every fresh screen the ad appears. Very frustrating and I won't put up with it for long.
__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,483
Default

Thanks Steven. I'm using Google Chrome too. I'll check and see if anything in the settings can be changed. I've NEVER had an ad pop-up on the screen when using this site.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Thanks Steven. I'm using Google Chrome too. I'll check and see if anything in the settings can be changed. I've NEVER had an ad pop-up on the screen when using this site.
I have not seen this before either. When I open the site, it pops up, but I can click the "Forums" and the forums open and it goes away. But having it on the home page activity is definitely a pain. I doubled checked my browser settings and my popup blocker is on.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,483
Default

Every new screen I open the ad opens up. Home page, forums, anything. As soon as I click and post this, it'll open up again..

The site managers have definitely figured out how to run people off and reduce clicks on their web page.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:07 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
blkms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Every new screen I open the ad opens up. Home page, forums, anything. As soon as I click and post this, it'll open up again..

The site managers have definitely figured out how to run people off and reduce clicks on their web page.
Yes, same here, using Chrome.
This is not doing Steve's or Tamron much good.
blkms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:27 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Something is definitely screwy here. I only get it on any activity on the home page and it disappears when I go to the forums. But others even get it on the forum pages. I think Steves-Digicams owes us an explanation.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:48 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newark, New York
Posts: 82
Default

I hate pop-ups!
Weebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:08 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
MacBook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 563
Default

I get it on every screen, too.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:31 PM.