Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:02 PM   #1

Default A few Disney and Universal shots from last week

Went to Orlando last week. As usual tried to do to much in seeing all of Disney and Universal, so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked. Had the addition of the in-laws with us, so it was even more stressful keeping track of a total of 6 other people. But I did get some shots, and here are some of my favorites. All with the EP-5 and 12-40mm 2.8.

Iconic Disney castle.

Of the two, I think I prefer Disney, but Universal's Harry Potter areas were very well done. To a certain extent I felt they out Disney'd Disney with respect to the immersive feel. Lots of very nice detail. As we were headed out of the area we noticed that everyone seemed to have stopped and was staring expectantly at the dragon. I overheard someone say that it was supposed to breathe fire, and I thought I try for a shot. I think it may be my favorite of the trip.

Over here StevenR gave me some rules for shooting fireworks at Disney. I pretty much broke most of them, especially number 1. Came out of It's a Small World, and the show was already going on. Tried to grab a few, but found out that every last one of the people I was with had left me

Just a few more. There is so much detail and stuff in general at both the parks.

I liked this for the simplicity and the fact that it's a little bit off the beaten path. Disney does such a good job of really selling the feel of being part of what ever they're doing.

Flowers in February. Gotta love it.

There's a replica of the terracotta army at the China section of Epcot. I'd love to see the real thing.

Wow, that was more that I was expecting to put up. Thanks for taking a look!
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:23 PM   #2

What a beautiful set, I really like 2 and the last one, fantastic captures.

Thank you for sharing.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:02 AM   #3

Well done; glad you had a good time. A nice selection of shots in this series.

It is really hard to catch everything in such a short period of time, especially traveling with a large crowd of relatives. I think that my favorite of this series is the iconic capture of Cinderellas Castle with the blue skies and the flying seagull. That perspective also works great at night with the fireworks exploding over the top of the castle, something you can aim for on your next trip.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
What a beautiful set, I really like 2 and the last one, fantastic captures.

Thank you for sharing.

Marcelo
Thank you for the kind words Marcelo! I find the story of the terracotta warriors fascinating, I would like to see the originals someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Well done; glad you had a good time. A nice selection of shots in this series.

It is really hard to catch everything in such a short period of time, especially traveling with a large crowd of relatives. I think that my favorite of this series is the iconic capture of Cinderellas Castle with the blue skies and the flying seagull. That perspective also works great at night with the fireworks exploding over the top of the castle, something you can aim for on your next trip.
I think I've mentioned before about having trouble balancing doing and taking pictures. As you say, with more people it becomes harder, but I think it would be a tough sell to say I'm going to Disney by myself

Thanks for taking a look and all the advice Steven!
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote