Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:31 PM   #1

Default Huh, I won POTD

Feb 19, 2015. I had posted it in this forum a couple weeks ago and since it got some positive feedback, I decided to enter it (I hardly ever enter). I was really surprised to get the notification email. Thanks Steve's!
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:23 PM   #2
Administrator

Congrats!

It's a nice photo.

If possible, it would probably have been nice if you'd been able to shoot from slightly further way, or used a slighter wider focal length (and it looks like you were using a 17mm lens), so that the "feet" in the foreground were not chopped off at the bottom.

But, sometimes it's not possible to have everything (due to limited space available for shooting, lenses available, etc.).

In any event, that's a very nice photo, and it's well deserving of being selected for POTD.

I am not involved in the POTD selection. But, in this case, it's a well deserved selection, and I'm impressed with the sharpness, color, contrast, etc. (and the flash reflection near the top of the image makes it more interesting and appealing, too).

Of course, that's an incredibly interesting subject (one that you would not see images of very often). So, I can imagine that it's a really captivating image to many viewers (including me).

Again, Congrats!
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:36 AM   #3

I saw that and thought it was a very dramatic and good photo, but I didn't recognize the name and did not comment on it. Congratulations, it was a well deserved selection.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:40 AM   #4

Congrats
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:46 AM   #5

Very nice! Love the subject and your composition.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Congrats!

It's a nice photo.

If possible, it would probably have been nice if you'd been able to shoot from slightly further way, or used a slighter wider focal length (and it looks like you were using a 17mm lens), so that the "feet" in the foreground were not chopped off at the bottom.

But, sometimes it's not possible to have everything (due to limited space available for shooting, lenses available, etc.).

In any event, that's a very nice photo, and it's well deserving of being selected for POTD.

I am not involved in the POTD selection. But, in this case, it's a well deserved selection, and I'm impressed with the sharpness, color, contrast, etc. (and the flash reflection near the top of the image makes it more interesting and appealing, too).

Of course, that's an incredibly interesting subject (one that you would not see images of very often). So, I can imagine that it's a really captivating image to many viewers (including me).

Again, Congrats!
Thanks Jim. I assure you that any technical successes are purely accidental, but I hope that if I keep hanging out here the accidents become more common

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I saw that and thought it was a very dramatic and good photo, but I didn't recognize the name and did not comment on it. Congratulations, it was a well deserved selection.
Thanks Steven, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Congrats
Thanks billy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Very nice! Love the subject and your composition.
Thanks Greg!
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:30 PM   #7

Well that's just very cool.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:07 AM   #8

Fantastic shot, I really like it.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote