Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:09 AM   #1

Default Healeys and Morgans and Jags Oh my…

Finally getting around to sharing these shots from the British Car Day, taken on a beautiful September morning. Apparently, this is the largest British car show in North America with cars coming from all over, most driving to the site. With a show of this size, the crowds can gather around making a clear shot of a car next to impossible, especially around the real show stoppers.

And what could say “British” more than an MGB…

Yes, a rubber nosed MGB GT V8 with the 3.5L Buick engine replaced with a 5L Ford race prepped mill.

Or, another peak under the hood of a Sunbeam...

Okay, enough of the Detroit iron. Here’s a few Austin Healey 100’s

(Turned out that my brother knew the owner of this ’54 Healey 100, having bought a Corvan from him in the early 70’s)

Yes, the windscreen folds down for racing

The business end of a 1933 Morgan Three Wheeler Super Sport

A 2013 Morgan Aero SS

Rad cap on a 1952 Morgan +4

And finally, a Jaguar XK120 Roadster, my brother’s favourite car at the show

I’d be remiss if I did not take a moment to thank Bob for all the car shots he has posted here at Steve’s. Bob, you have inspired me to look at these cars from more interesting angles and I hope to see more of your car shots again soon.

Cheers
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:00 PM   #2

Umm lovely colors and great compositions! What a bunch of stunners and dang that 5.0 l mgb must be a hoot and near fast as a cobra
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:29 AM   #3

Quote:
I’d be remiss if I did not take a moment to thank Bob for all the car shots he has posted here at Steve’s. Bob, you have inspired me to look at these cars from more interesting angles and I hope to see more of your car shots again soon.
Thank you for that. I'm very pleased my work has been an inspiration. I like the Healey images; the A-Healey and early '50s Triumph have always been my favorites.

This summer has not been a 'car show' time for me though the Friday evening show continues. I miss seeing my friends and their cars; I'm hoping to get back to some level of photography of the cars soon.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Oct 17, 2015 at 7:42 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:54 PM   #4

Fantastic serie Kula, what a beautiful cars..!

I love the detail shoot of then Morgan +4
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:24 PM   #5

An excellent set of photos. Well shot and with good color and details. Who doesn't enjoy looking at car shots!

(And I agree with your comments about car photos and Bob. His shots have pushed me to be more creative whenever I get a chance to photograph a car show. )
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:06 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments and encouragement. It was a lovely day with that wonderful smell of leather and oil, the signature of the British sports car. But this day was more than just great cars, it was one of the first times I have ventured out without a tripod and actually managed to get more keepers than throwaways. This spring I kind of lost the ability to hold my E-PL1 steady so had to use a tripod if I wanted any shots to be sharp. But I stuck with working at it and slowly the strength returned and I could get by without the tripod. Call it "photo-therapy"
Cheers
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote