Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:04 PM   #11

Grr. Fedex wouldn't deliver without a direct signature, nor would they allow me to either change the delivery address or pick it up at their office. And I'll never be here during Fedex times to get it.

I guess I get to deal with Samy's Customer service on their busiest day of the year. Only the shipper can change delivery instructions such as those.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew881 View Post
Om-D em 5 II is 579 today on Get Olympus. Trying hard to avoid it.
I'm happy enough with my E-M1 that I'm not even tempted by that... although I did see that they had some 7-14 PROs for just over a thousand dollars plus the CYBER20 coupon code taking 20% off that... good thing for my credit card they were sold out before I got there.... maybe next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
Grr. Fedex wouldn't deliver without a direct signature, nor would they allow me to either change the delivery address or pick it up at their office. And I'll never be here during Fedex times to get it.

I guess I get to deal with Samy's Customer service on their busiest day of the year. Only the shipper can change delivery instructions such as those.
You may be able to arrange to pick it up at a FEDEX center, I've had to do that before, it's a pain for sure.

Mine just shipped from Sammy's today so I'll be dealing with that too.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
I'm happy enough with my E-M1 that I'm not even tempted by that... although I did see that they had some 7-14 PROs for just over a thousand dollars plus the CYBER20 coupon code taking 20% off that... good thing for my credit card they were sold out before I got there.... maybe next time
I still have just a lowly em-5, so it probably was worth it to upgrade. But that 7-14 pro had an estimated ship date of JULY. Did you see that?
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post

You may be able to arrange to pick it up at a FEDEX center, I've had to do that before, it's a pain for sure.

Mine just shipped from Sammy's today so I'll be dealing with that too.
If you're ordering from Sammy's keep an eye for something like this in the FedEx tracking:
Quote:
Reference: !!! NO RE-ROUTE !!!
Not only did they want me to sign but they wouldn't let me call FedEx to change the address or change to pickup myself. No big deal, you can call Samy's and they'll do it for you and they're really nice--but it'll save you a day or two if you just call Samys first. "Luckily" for me it's done nothing but rain the past day and a half here so nothing lost.

Now he did mention something about them being worried about my shipping address and Pennsylvania shipping, so you might not have an issue. It's actually what I do at my job (fraud prevention) so I understood, and despite the delay it's given me a really good feeling about dealing with them in the future.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:17 AM   #15

The latest upgrades to the E-M1 mitigated several advantages the newer E-M5II held, such as the ability arrange multiple tools in the finder at the same time (primarily for me, the histogram and dual digital levels) you could not do with the E-M1 prior to 4.0, and the optional silent mode. I don't see myself using the focus stacking all that much, but that definitely one-ups the E-M5II for those who will use it. The high resolution mode of the E-M5II is impressive, but really needing to use with a tripod means it'll be a rare day I take all that much advantage of it.

The mechanical shutter in the E-M5II is still the quietest and seems like the "softest" in terms of vibration, mechanical shutter I have ever used. Boy, it's a quiet camera.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:04 PM   #16

That lens looks an awful lot like the Leica DG Summilux 1.4 lens that sells for well over 400.