Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:02 PM   #1

Default Remember to Upgrade Your Firmware Nov 25!

All E-M1 and E-M5II users.

One of the new features for indoor flash use that might wind up being very useful, especially if you use manual exposure, is the S-OVF, where the EVF simulates, at least to the extent possible, an optical viewfinder.

Can't wait to try all the new features out. Like getting a "new" camera with the E-M1, in a two year old body.

Greg
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:58 PM   #2

Ahhhhh! I now can have the live histogram, blinkies and the dual digital levels viewable at the same time in the EVF of my E-M1. Sweeet.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:02 PM   #3

ha! I just pushed the upgrade button on my E-M1!!

very excited to see what the focus stacking produces, initial examples I have seen from Olympus visionaries were promising... too bad we E-M1 owners didn't get the hi-res E-M5 II trick but oh well I guess in this new model every two years cycle we should be happy to just get something... still would have been an interesting feature for landscapes.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Ahhhhh! I now can have the live histogram, blinkies and the dual digital levels viewable at the same time in the EVF of my E-M1. Sweeet.

.....at the very same time or by switching INFO and showing one or the other; one at a time.

It was very late last night when I upgraded and reset menu selections, maybe I missed a setting, I use EVF type 2.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:57 PM   #5

Hi Bob. They're all on the screen at once, just like I've been able to do with the E-M5II. It's great, especially with the 7-14 in keeping it level in both planes while keeping an eye on ths histogram at the same time.

INFO settings- "D" menu.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:15 PM   #6
TG

Looks like were all going to have to hunt through the menus to find all the new features.
Very impressed with amount of new features & improvements that Olympus have added to the E-M1 with all there firmware upgrades over the last 2 years+
Lots of other camera company's would have just waited for the next model to add extra features and improvements or just made firmware fixes for bugs.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote