Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:21 PM   #1

Default Firmware Question

I plan on updating the camera with the new firmware providing it's not installed. Do you have to install just the latest version of the firmware to get all the changes/improvements, or do you have to install each version separately. Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
I plan on updating the camera with the new firmware providing it's not installed. Do you have to install just the latest version of the firmware to get all the changes/improvements, or do you have to install each version separately. Thanks.
If I remember some of the upgrades include all previous ones, while others require you to install a previous one first. I think most of them are "complete" though. My guess is that there's a "Final Version" type thing for the EM5.

Either way there's a program that should do it for you. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but it should come in the install disk with the camera or on the Olympus website.

EDIT--oh, here it is:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...ds_updater.asp

It's easy enough to run it, then run it again after an update to see if theres anything else.

Last edited by SammyKhalifa; Dec 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:40 PM   #3

Well I talked to a lady at Olympus service that had a very noticeable oriental accent. I asked her for some input but I could only understand a few words she said. Thought I was talking to Woody Woodpecker. For all I know the firmware may be update. I will look/see when I get the camera. It was suppose to come today and it's 7:30pm so I'm ruling that out. Heard on the radio that today is one of the busiest days for UPS.

When I ordered it, the sales perk was next day delivery. That was last Friday when I ordered it late morning. Still undecided if I want to sell my E-3 body. For what I'll get for it I might as well hang on to it. I think there is less than 3500 clicks on it. Pretty low for an E-3.