Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:03 AM   #1
TG
Senior Member
 
TG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 607
Default Tennis, Australian Open Qualifying Matches

After the Kids Tennis day had a look at some of the qualifying matches on the outside courts. Good opportunity to have a crack at shooting some tennis again. Probably one of the most difficult sports to shoot in regards trying to get the ball in the frame with the player moving around so much and the ball moving so fast.




































Last edited by TG; Jan 17, 2016 at 3:30 AM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:43 AM   #2
TG
Senior Member
 
TG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 607
Default
















And my new 'Second Photographer'






She might be only eight but she's got a good eye
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:59 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
James Emory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,378
Default

Oh geez those are some nice captures. Which lens were you using?
__________________
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:42 PM   #4
TG
Senior Member
 
TG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Oh geez those are some nice captures. Which lens were you using?
Thanks James was using the 40-150 f2.8 Pro, no need to use the TC as being on outside courts you can get nice & close. There is a lens restriction of 200mm at the tennis here in Melbourne for the Australian Open.

Last edited by TG; Jan 18, 2016 at 12:03 AM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,483
Default

Either you have taught your daughter very well, she's just got the knack for great shooting posture, or she's gone out with dad and has watched very carefully, LOL. You may well have a shooting partner for life.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:17 AM   #6
TG
Senior Member
 
TG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Either you have taught your daughter very well, she's just got the knack for great shooting posture, or she's gone out with dad and has watched very carefully, LOL. You may well have a shooting partner for life.
It is a nice posture arm tucked in close to the body. I think it's a combination of all the things you mentioned Greg.
Did you notice how hard she's concentrating in the closeup her toungues pokeing out and even got her other eye open. Was good fun she had a ball and I really enjoyed it with her. My other two kids went home with my wife after the Kids Tennis Day finished. All my kids love taking photos my wife hates it when were out and we all have the cameras out.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:42 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
James Emory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
It is a nice posture arm tucked in close to the body. I think it's a combination of all the things you mentioned Greg.
Did you notice how hard she's concentrating in the closeup her toungues pokeing out and even got her other eye open. Was good fun she had a ball and I really enjoyed it with her. My other two kids went home with my wife after the Kids Tennis Day finished. All my kids love taking photos my wife hates it when were out and we all have the cameras out.
My wife always tells me that "how can cameras possibly be any fun and especially for the money they cost. Why not just use your phone camera".
__________________
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:19 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
FredS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 1,007
Default

WoW those are GREAT sport action shots
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:03 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Fantastic shots, very sharp and very well exposed.

Your assistant is so cute and I love her facial expression while she take the pictures.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:56 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
Fantastic shots, very sharp and very well exposed.

Your assistant is so cute and I love her facial expression while she take the pictures.

Marcelo
Ditto. A really excellent series; sports magazine worthy.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.