Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:01 AM   #1
TG

Default Pre-ordered Panasonic 100-400

Went down to my local camera shop last Friday and pre-ordered the Panasonic Leica 100-400mm zoom after seeing it advertised on there website. Gone for the versatility of the zoom over the Oly 300 and the price was a factor as well. On a waiting list hope to get one from the first shipment which is due sometime in March. Would be nice to get it before the Australian Grand Prix.

Last edited by TG; Jan 17, 2016 at 6:05 AM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:39 AM   #2

I look forward to seeing some of your action shooting with this lens. Seems like the perfect long lens for fast paced, fast frame changing action.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:10 AM   #3

Tom, I'm with Greg on this and am looking forward to F1 AUGP photos from you.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:51 PM   #4

That sure is a beauty of a lens for sure. I'm very anxious to see photos from anyone using this lens. After examining my recent purchase of the Panny/Leica 25mm f1.4 I can attest to the build quality of it and I would expect no less from the lens you bought. The focus ring is nicely dampened and buttery smooth. There is no IS built into the lens but with the OM-D M5 there is no need for it as the body has this built in.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:13 PM   #5
TG

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
That sure is a beauty of a lens for sure. I'm very anxious to see photos from anyone using this lens. After examining my recent purchase of the Panny/Leica 25mm f1.4 I can attest to the build quality of it and I would expect no less from the lens you bought. The focus ring is nicely dampened and buttery smooth. There is no IS built into the lens but with the OM-D M5 there is no need for it as the body has this built in.
James here are some images taken with an early sample of the 100-400 on Flick. There only portrait shots but they don't look to bad to me.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi...57661202543723

Last edited by TG; Jan 17, 2016 at 11:26 PM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
James here are some images taken with an early sample of the 100-400 on Flick. There only portrait shots but they don't look to bad to me.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi...57661202543723
Well they certainly look pretty good to these old eyeballs. Unfortunately that lens will be way more than I would want to spend on a lens that wouldn't get used that often.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:07 PM   #7

Nice, can't wait to see your pictures and feedback about this new lens.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote