Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:37 PM   #1

Default Montauk Lighthouse

Today I removed the dust from my OMD-E5 and I went to the beach to take some pictures with the 14-150mm MK II.

Have a great day.

Marcelo

Last edited by MarceloLI; Jan 31, 2016 at 8:44 AM.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:46 AM   #2

Hey Marcelo, it looks like you might have moved the link.

edit: now I see the image and it is stunning, beautiful color in the sky and great composition pulling my eye in from the foreground on to the lighthouse, well done!

Last edited by ramcewan; Jan 31, 2016 at 8:26 PM.
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:41 PM   #3
TG

Wow!!! excellent shot love the composition as well, the rocks in the left bottom half with the tide coming in, the waves breaking on the right side & the colour of the sky behind the lighthouse. Looks like a photo that could be in a calendar, once again great shot.

Last edited by TG; Feb 1, 2016 at 12:43 AM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:52 AM   #4

I would be interested in hearing the procedure you used to remove the dust. Not that I've ever had that many problems with it. The time or two I did, it was all my fault and I wound up just sending the camera to Olympus.

I've had far more issues keeping/removing dust off the larger sensor'd Leica M9's I've been using recently than any Olympus camera I've used since 2006.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I would be interested in hearing the procedure you used to remove the dust. Not that I've ever had that many problems with it. The time or two I did, it was all my fault and I wound up just sending the camera to Olympus.

I've had far more issues keeping/removing dust off the larger sensor'd Leica M9's I've been using recently than any Olympus camera I've used since 2006.
I used a pre-moistened sensor swab to remove a water spot on the sensor (low pass filter actually) of my E-M1 last year and found it to be an easy process. A google of "Photographic Solutions Sensor Swab Plus with Eclipse for Type 2 Sensors" will find you plenty of places to purchase them. The type 2 sensor part means it will be sized for MFT sensors making it a single swipe across the sensor to remove dust or spots.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:32 AM   #6

Very nice shot Marcelo
The lighting looks really good
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:03 AM   #7

Yes! Very well composed and a great time of day and weather for this shot.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
Wow!!! excellent shot love the composition as well, the rocks in the left bottom half with the tide coming in, the waves breaking on the right side & the colour of the sky behind the lighthouse. Looks like a photo that could be in a calendar, once again great shot.
I agree. And the great depth of field that you achieved by this lens really adds to the impact of the photo. I really like the way the focus extends all the way from the foreground to the lighthouse and beyond to the clouds.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:31 AM   #9

Very nice composition Marcelo, I like the way the wave stops the eye from going to the horizon and leads it to the lighthouse.
John Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
Hey Marcelo, it looks like you might have moved the link.

edit: now I see the image and it is stunning, beautiful color in the sky and great composition pulling my eye in from the foreground on to the lighthouse, well done!
Thank you ramcewan, I updated the link because I added a locked one by mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
Thank you Tom,

It was a beautiful afternoon at the beach, not too cold and lucky to have the colors in the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post

Greg, I'm sorry for the confusion but I meant the dust my camera was collecting on my shelf because of lack of use.
I am using Olympus cameras for years and I never had problems with dust on the sensor, with my Nikon and Canon it is part of my monthly routine.

I use Eclipse and it is easy to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
I used a pre-moistened sensor swab to remove a water spot on the sensor (low pass filter actually) of my E-M1 last year and found it to be an easy process. A google of "Photographic Solutions Sensor Swab Plus with Eclipse for Type 2 Sensors" will find you plenty of places to purchase them. The type 2 sensor part means it will be sized for MFT sensors making it a single swipe across the sensor to remove dust or spots.
I agree with this statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
Very nice shot Marcelo
The lighting looks really good
Thank you Fred, it was a beautiful afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Yes! Very well composed and a great time of day and weather for this shot.
Thank you James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I agree. And the great depth of field that you achieved by this lens really adds to the impact of the photo. I really like the way the focus extends all the way from the foreground to the lighthouse and beyond to the clouds.
Thank you Steven,

I am starting a project and I will use my Oly system for it because what to mentioned about the DOF. I tried with my FF system and I found some many problems and limitations. You will see soon what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
Very nice composition Marcelo, I like the way the wave stops the eye from going to the horizon and leads it to the lighthouse.
Thank you John for the feedback.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote