Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:10 PM   #1

Unhappy Gear photos of the saddest kind :(

Yes that's right, the kind of gear photos we take when getting ready to list something is the saddest kind of gear photo

Lol well here's the lot going up tonight (pm me if interested in anything)

All shot with the E-M1 and the 14-54mm mk ii @ f7.1 using 2second antishock delay

25mm f1.7 didn't really get to use this one, but since I can turn a quick profit it's on the block.

Lumix 25mm f1.7 by ramcewan, on Flickr

Lumix 25mm f2.5, I'm really hesitant on this one but to be fair I haven't shot much with it since I got the 9-18 and now the 12-32 for the e-pm2, however this was one of my first lenses and has taken some of my favorite pictures
Lumix 14mm f2.5 by ramcewan, on Flickr

Lumix 14mm f2.5 by ramcewan, on Flickr

Rokinon 12mm f2.0, bought this for astro photography only and have only used it a few times for that, time to pass it along to it's next owner, built like a tank and pretty dang sharp
Rokinon 12mm f2.0 by ramcewan, on Flickr

Rokinon 12mm f2.0 by ramcewan, on Flickr

and finally my beloved four thirds 9-18mm, sad to see it go but I know once the 7-14 is in hand it's gonna gather dust
9-18mm f4 by ramcewan, on Flickr

9-18 with filter by ramcewan, on Flickr

Last edited by ramcewan; Feb 14, 2016 at 7:33 PM.
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:37 PM   #2

Yeah, it was tough for me to sell my 14. It was the first non-kit lens I had, got some nice shots with it. I just don't really have much need for it in between the Rokinon 12 and the Panny 20, and both of those lenses beat it out image quality wise. Not that the 14 is bad at all, mind you.

The new 25mm and the 20 kind of fight it out for time, and I can see selling one of the two eventually. But for now I have uses for both of them. The 25 is better for me to bring out on its own as a general use "walking around" lens, but the 20 makes great landscapes and goes great as half of my "el cheapo" dynamic duo with the 45.

Last edited by SammyKhalifa; Feb 14, 2016 at 10:43 PM.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:58 AM   #3

A nice selection of lenses you have there but I would be tempted to reshoot them after giving them a good clean, nothing looks worse than seeing lenses with lots of dust on them, it may give the impression the lenses have not been looked after and I think it will turn people off wanting the them, just a thought!
John Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
A nice selection of lenses you have there but I would be tempted to reshoot them after giving them a good clean, nothing looks worse than seeing lenses with lots of dust on them, it may give the impression the lenses have not been looked after and I think it will turn people off wanting the them, just a thought!
Funny thing is I had just wiped each of them with a Zeiss lint free pre-moistened cleaning cloth I guess maybe I need to use compressed air, although I'm a bit fearful of doing that near the glass, you never know what crud might be in there especially with the bitter agent they put in it to keep kids from huffing the stuff.

On the other hand I think it says something for the 14-54mm's sharpness when used on a tripod with the 2sec anti-shock timer that you can see every speck!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
Funny thing is I had just wiped each of them with a Zeiss lint free pre-moistened cleaning cloth I guess maybe I need to use compressed air, although I'm a bit fearful of doing that near the glass, you never know what crud might be in there especially with the bitter agent they put in it to keep kids from huffing the stuff.

On the other hand I think it says something for the 14-54mm's sharpness when used on a tripod with the 2sec anti-shock timer that you can see every speck!
Get a Rocket Blower.

Simple, effective, and fun to use annoying the dog:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:31 AM   #6

You can also use canned air that is available for cleaning electronics. No danger of oil or any foreign substance getting into your lens. Been using this stuff for a while now.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
Get a Rocket Blower.

Simple, effective, and fun to use annoying the dog:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details
good call on the rocket, I have to pick one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
You can also use canned air that is available for cleaning electronics. No danger of oil or any foreign substance getting into your lens. Been using this stuff for a while now.
I wouldn't be so sure, the ones I've seen at staples have the bitter agent in them to prevent abuse.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:02 PM   #8

Yes it is sad for sure. Took a beating on my E-3, 14-54mm and the 40-150 I broke even on. Would have loved to keep the 14-54mm f2.8 but focus is really slow on 4/3 lenses with the OMD M5. The Panny/Leica f1.4, 25mm made up for it considering I got it for 300.00 and appears brand new with box lens bag, caps, etc. Really a sharp lens although not weather sealed which isn't a big problem for me. I don't normally walk in the rain or snow with my camera over my shoulder.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:13 PM   #9

It's a shame you didn't have the mk ii version of the 14-54, you could keep using it!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:39 PM   #10

The 14-54 was the only great lens I had. Since I have the M43 adaptor I decided to keep the 35mm macro which I would normally focus by hand anyway.