Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:30 AM   #1
TG

Default E-M10 & Superbikes

Had a bit of a play with the E-M10 & 75-300 II at the Superbike World championship round at Phillip Island. The camera's definitely not in the same league as the E-M1 which is to be expected. The C-AF had a strike rate of about 50% with the E-M1 is well above 80% (at slower shutter speed this does decrease and even more with bikes as there's a lot more vibration and then there's rider movement) but my biggest issue was shutter lag compared to the E-M1. This was a big issue with framing at the first corners where the bikes are coming out of the main straight and have corner speed of about 190 kph (118 mph). But with more use/practice this can be compensated for.
For the price of the E-M10 (what I paid for the body on sale) with the 14-42mm kit lens & the 75-300mm zoom makes a very good entry level or budget kit (compact in size, well featured camera, very good image quality and excellent focal range with these two lenses) which personally I would be very happy with.

Last edited by TG; Feb 29, 2016 at 5:58 AM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:54 PM   #2

Definitely great shots and especially since the lens you used is not considered pro grade by any means. This just shows what can be done with that lens in capable hands.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Definitely great shots and especially since the lens you used is not considered pro grade by any means. This just shows what can be done with that lens in capable hands.
Yes, I agree with James.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:35 AM   #4
TG

Thanks James & Steven
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:14 AM   #5

WoWzer Fantastic shots
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote