Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:25 PM   #11

Fantastic Shots Tom
The same comments as every one else.
I am jealous.
I still can't get over Calgary does NOT have a Auto race track
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Whoa. As a big Nascar fan, I respectfully disagree.
Been to Formula, Indy, sport, drag, dirt, and other races; but I definitely prefer the big NASCAR stockers. Nothing beats sitting in the stands watching the Daytona 500.
I respect your opinion, just find going around in a circle a bit less exciting, that's all.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
I respect your opinion, just find going around in a circle a bit less exciting, that's all.
Yes every one has their own taste
I am a Top Fuel Dragster ( Horse Power ) Fan
here is why

One Top Fuel dragster 500 cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first 4 rows at the Daytona 500.
Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 11.2 gallons of nitro methane per second
A fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.
Dragsters reach over 300 MPH before you have completed reading this sentence.

Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged & ready to launch down a quarter-mile strip as you pass by it.
You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the ‘Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line
& pass the dragster at an honest 200 MPH. Just as you pass the Top Fuel Dragster the ‘tree’ goes green for both of you.
The dragster launches & starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums
& within 3 seconds the dragster catches & passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter-mile away from where you just passed him.
Think about it – from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 MPH & not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when
he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race!

That’s acceleration!
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
Yes every one has their own taste
I am a Top Fuel Dragster ( Horse Power ) Fan
here is why

One Top Fuel dragster 500 cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first 4 rows at the Daytona 500.
Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 11.2 gallons of nitro methane per second
A fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.
Dragsters reach over 300 MPH before you have completed reading this sentence.

Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged & ready to launch down a quarter-mile strip as you pass by it.
You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the ‘Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line
& pass the dragster at an honest 200 MPH. Just as you pass the Top Fuel Dragster the ‘tree’ goes green for both of you.
The dragster launches & starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums
& within 3 seconds the dragster catches & passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter-mile away from where you just passed him.
Think about it – from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 MPH & not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when
he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race!

That’s acceleration!
I've read that bit before, still doesn't convey the reality of being there when a pair of those bombs on wheels goes off.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:16 PM   #15
TG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
Good set, I must admit I'm a bit jealous of you aussies and your V8 supercars, seems so much better than our nascar series, thanks for sharing!
Actually enjoy NASCAR racing, use to get live coverage on TV in Australia when Marcos Ambrose raced.

Last edited by TG; Apr 20, 2016 at 1:22 AM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:40 PM   #16

You are definitely "cooking" now. Excellent work.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:50 AM   #17

....FIM motoGP is still my favorite, 200mph , two wheels, elevation changes; dragging knees & elbows left & right.

Oh well ... best I ever did was SoCal motocross late 60s - early 70s .. that was my all time favorite fun and a MAICO @ 250 & 400 cc

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:11 PM   #18

it is interesting to notice that you watch the sports (in this case: car racing) when there is somebody that you have a connection to it.

I watched A LOT of Formula 1 racing when Jacques Villeneuve was in it. I watched a bit of racing when he was in Nascar (or whatever serie he was in the States)...

And I don't watch it anymore

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:03 AM   #19
TG

Thanks for looking and the comments everyone.
Liked Formula 1 in the V10 days when money was no object, Qualifying engines, Race engines, T-car (spare car). Saturday use to be a sensational day to watch F1 cars with two practice sessions and two qualifying sessions (4 hours of watching F1 cars on the track).
But enjoy all motorsports Touring cars, Bikes and like Rally as well.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote