Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:32 PM   #1

Default Some Skylines.

Went out to the old ballyard on Friday. Lousy game but nice evening.

I take almost these same exact shots every time I go into town. I used my 12mm wide this time though.

untitled-4.jpg by sammykhalifa, on Flickr

untitled-10.jpg by sammykhalifa, on Flickr

untitled-92-Edit.jpg by sammykhalifa, on Flickr
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:20 AM   #2
TG

Nice shots Sammy, like the last one best with the city skyline in the background.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:26 AM   #3

Nice shots Sammy! I like the compositions on #1 with the rainbow echoing the bridge and #2 with the leading lines. Sorry to hear the game didn't go well, it's still early in the season though.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:54 PM   #4

All Nice shots Sammy
The last on is Excellent
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
Nice shots Sammy, like the last one best with the city skyline in the background.
I agree. Nice series, Sammy.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:38 PM   #6

Nice Sammy! PNC Park is still on my hit list of parks to get to. As nice as it gets.

Assuming you were able to get in with some sort of small bag with your camera outfit. It's getting harder and harder these days locally to find anyone willing to let much in.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:16 PM   #7

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
Thanks, I like that one too. I've been looking for good ways to give this scene what it deserves, don't know if I did that but I like the dusk and sunset in the sky. You always think it can be better but I guess that's an excuse to keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
Nice shots Sammy! I like the compositions on #1 with the rainbow echoing the bridge and #2 with the leading lines. Sorry to hear the game didn't go well, it's still early in the season though.
Ha it wasn't even that we lost as much as just how boring it was. At one point I suddenly realized that not only did I know what the score was, but what inning. We walked ten guys that night. And to make it worse fraud Ryan Braun had two home runs. Zzzzzzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
All Nice shots Sammy
The last on is Excellent
Thanks Fred. The place is a Cathedral. This was from my favorite seats way in the top in the back, behind home plate and directly under the press box. I could hear them announcing before they closed the windows when the sun went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I agree. Nice series, Sammy.
Thanks Steven. I didn't take as many shots as I expected but I actually had a good "hit rate" this time, haha. I also attemped a bracket to try some HDR with the stadium scene, but I don't like how it looks. Maybe I'll try again with them when I finally get around to upgrading to LR6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Nice Sammy! PNC Park is still on my hit list of parks to get to. As nice as it gets.

Assuming you were able to get in with some sort of small bag with your camera outfit. It's getting harder and harder these days locally to find anyone willing to let much in.
Surprisingly I never have an issue with that there. I have an 80s Tamrac bag that will fit the EM10; with a zoom, a few lenses and odds and ends. They look in it but don't really make a problem. I do get a bit tired of carrying it around, but it does the job. That night I just did these wide shots and didn't really take anything on the field, need t oshow up earlier next time.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2016, 8:56 PM   #8

Very nice Sammy but the last picture is fantastic..!!
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote