Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:53 PM   #1

Default Late Summer Colors and DXO 11

This version of DXO Optics just might get me off Photoshop for standard raw processing. They just keep making it better and better.

E-M1 and 12-40mm f2.8 on a rainy day at the Arboretum.

40-150mm f2.8..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:44 AM   #2

Really nice images with good detail and natural looking color. Obviously that software works well with your shooting style.

P.S - I haven't seen many shots from you lately. You need to post more often Greg.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:43 AM   #3

Hi Steven, and thanks. Been on a little bit of a self-imposed hiatus, but I should be posting here more often again going forward.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:51 PM   #4

Some other files I've re-processed in DXO 11, picking out a few with different "challenges", lighting or otherwise.

"Pit Stop", taken in fading light at ISO 1600 with the E-M1, 40-150mm f2.8 + the MC14 tele extender, for a total focal length of 210mm.

Toomb of Robert Todd Lincoln and wife at Arlington National Cemetery. The light here was quite extreme with bright, hazy light and deep shadows, with the 12-40mm f2.8.

Katherine under the golden canopy, just outside Aspen last September.

Street scene in Vail, Colorado last September. DXO's shadow/highlight sliders are really getting good looking in files like these next two images. About the only things missing are the ability to make localized edits and/or a gradient filter would be nice at some point.

Rafting the Colorado in Glenwood Canyon.

Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:23 AM   #5

Some images I've not processed before, run through DXO 11 last night. All E-M1 files.

Arlington National Cemetery, just in front of the amphitheater and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Detal from the Lincoln Memorial, with the 40-150mm f2.8 and top of the Washington Monument in the background.

Remnants of Catherine Furnace, a metalworks in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, used by the Confederacy during the Civil War and along the road Stonewall Jackson used during his march around the the Union army for his flanking assault at the Battle of Chancellorsville.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Sep 2, 2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:29 PM   #6

Just more absolutely superb images, Greg. Obviously you have that camera/software combination working well for you.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote