Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:42 AM   #11

Yep, identical to the four-way pad on the body itself.

With prior grips, one had to program one of the FN buttons to change AF points, then use the two command dials to actually move the AF point to the desired location. Switching from the pad on the body to the dials on the grip was never an easy switch for me. I was always twirling the command dials in the wrong direction and taking twice as long to set the AF point where I wanted it.

Now, the camera basically works the same whether using the body controls in horizontal position, or the grip in vertical.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:53 AM   #12

Sounds nice (also sounds like that thing must be a beast with the grip attached).

I try to use the touchscreen to change the focus point. If that doesn't work because I don't have it set up for some reason, it's menu-diving time. No not the best solution, haha
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:42 AM   #13

It's definitely bigger than the E-M1+grip and dwarfs the E-M5 Mark II + the upper grip but without the extra battery pack.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 1:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Should I eventually do what I want and buy the MK-II I will certainly at the same purchase do the grip and at least 1 extra battery.

So I reckon .. EM-1 II + Grip + battery & maybe 12-100 = near $4K and I would do that at Arlington Camera; would make a good day for Gil.

I need to get new hearing aids this year too ... near $7k.

Now I'm wondering if Walmart is paying $15/hr for 'HELLO' greeter........... lol.

Talk with you later .... it was great seeing you again and you look terrific @ 32/32.
WOWSA, 7K for hearing aids. I got a pair of beauties (Siemens) for 1500.00. They are Bluetooth so if I need an adjustment I just go to the audiologist and he hangs a transmitter on my neck and makes the adjustments on his PC.