Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:06 PM   #11

Quote:
..............Hoping you guys down in Texas are doing okay (not really sure exactly where you are and if you're affected).

Tnx Sammy, I'm in Arlington, TX (DFW .. between Dallas & Fort Worth) we are not storm affected .. about 3-4 inches of rain here compared to Houston area @ 53-inches.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
Hey,

Thanks for sharing those. People had some incredible setups where I was camped out too--my EM10 on a travel tripod looked silly next to them, haha. Did you take those in RAW? You might be able to recover some of the highlights. Either way, as a print I bet it looks really dramatic. I don't know how you feel but nothing I've seen quite capture the experience fully but hopefully it'll give people an idea when they see it.
Thanks Sammy.

The prepared photographer had a Nikon D500 and the 150-600 Tamron lens plus filters. I haven't seen his photographs yet, but the totality photos looked great on his LCD.

The rendition posted earlier is from RAW. I can lighten up things and get more detail but actually liked the starker black contrast for a print.

If I reduce the black and bring up the shadows, posted below is what I get (with a lot of variations). I now have some ideas for the next total eclipse, and if we all go to the Dallas area, we should have a good show on April 8, 2024.

Elliot

Name:  Eclipse second 372.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  50.4 KB
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Tnx Sammy, I'm in Arlington, TX (DFW .. between Dallas & Fort Worth) we are not storm affected .. about 3-4 inches of rain here compared to Houston area @ 53-inches.
Glad to hear you are safe and sound and quite a ways removed from the storm's immediate effects. We have friends in Houston and they all were doing okay, last we heard.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:19 AM   #14

Great shots, well done.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:37 PM   #15

Beautiful work! I am impressed.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:39 PM   #16

Sammy

Those are some stonking good pics .. a fab selection of shots, really impressed.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote